went over my daily calories

Options
I had the silliest binge ever. I ate a little bit of cheese, a whole bag of croutons, and half a gallon of milk. My day hasn't officially started and then have already went over my intake allowance. Should I not eat anything else today? Its 12 hours from now when I get off work, then I will have to come home and be a mommy... Cook, laundry, baths, dishes.... Etc... Would it be bad to wait until tomorrow morning to eat? That's 24hours and 30 minutes from now.

Replies

• coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat at the normal times you would eat but just eat less. If you starve yourself the rest of the day to make up for your earlier eating then this is never going to be sustainable, and you're much more likely to overeat tomorrow as well. Just call today a loss and try to minimise how much you're over budget. Then forget about today and eat your normal budget tomorrow (minus 100 ish calories if you really want).
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Eat at the normal times you would eat but just eat less. If you starve yourself the rest of the day to make up for your earlier eating then this is never going to be sustainable, and you're much more likely to overeat tomorrow as well. Just call today a loss and try to minimise how much you're over budget. Then forget about today and eat your normal budget tomorrow (minus 100 ish calories if you really want).

That's good advice. You're doing well if you've lost 18 lb., so you know what works for you. Consider today as a mistake, learn from it, and move on. But don't make yourself miserable by starving yourself for the rest of the day.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good advice ^^
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Cheyenelikewyoming Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wake up tomorrow and pretend that this day never happened. I call it diet amnesia. It helps you continue on without the feeling of guilt. I go over my calories probably once a week. And eat your other meals today. If you don't, mommy duties will seem quite difficult. We don't want a crabby mommy!:sad:
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Agree with other posters. Tomorrow is a new day and don't look back. If you are really worried about it try and compensate for the rest of the week, eating a little less every day. But a one day binge just keeps your metabolism guessing, well that's my excuse LOL 8)
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Dont' forget that your weekly average is more important than your daily goal, for staying on track. You can balance it out over the week by adjusting your daily goals for the next six day or simply make those calories up in exercise. The other thing is: Don't Panic! ...lol ...remember that 3500 calories equals one pound. So even if you over ate 3500 calories in a week, that that just means you will lose one pound less than your original goal. There is always leeway. :)
  • cyl544
    cyl544 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just had cici's :(