Oatmeal that tastes like a mounds candy bar!!!

KZOsMommy
KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I used old fashion oats, 1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened coco powder and 1 TBSP unsweetened shredded organic coconut. 197 calories and 1 gram of sugar!!!!
I bet if you add almonds it would taste like an almond joy :tongue: we have nut allergies in our house so we can't try it but I bet its good lol

I hope you all enjoy it as much as my kids and I did :love:

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    YUM!!! I am totally going to try this!!!

D
  • Sounds delish! Thanks!
  • This sounds great. I love new ways to have my oatmeal! Thx for posting!!:smile:
  • Bump ~thanks for sharing
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Oooh that sounds delicious! Will definately have to try it out!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    I used old fashion oats, 1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened coco powder and 1 TBSP unsweetened shredded organic coconut. 197 calories and 1 gram of sugar!!!!
    I bet if you add almonds it would taste like an almond joy :tongue: we have nut allergies in our house so we can't try it but I bet its good lol

OMG! Have I mentioned how much I love you yet??? :blushing:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member

FUNNY u posted this because I had oatmeal today with honey and cinnamon and am so turned off by it...i forced myself to eat it.:sick: Being that I love both almond joy and mounds:bigsmile: ....i may try this...if I can't stomach that either:huh: ..i'm qitting oatmeal all togethe:ohwell: r...Thanks for the recipe.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    I have had trouble with cocao and oatmeal in the past - Do you mix the powder in once the oatmeal is fully cooked? Also - What kind of cocao do you find works best? Thanks!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Glad that you all liked the idea it is really good!!!

meagalayne- I used the Hershey brand and yes I mixed the cocoa and the coconut in the bowl that they just dumped the hot oatmeal over it. You could alway add a little milk if you wanted to or even some almond milk to give it that almond joy taste :wink:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Made this tonight before work! Steel-cut oats, about 1/5th or so cup of almond milk, 2 tsp of cocoa powder (unsweetened) and 2 Tbsp of (sweetened) shredded coconut. Was super fabulous and an amazing treat before a long night shift!
    Thank you for the suggestion! :heart:
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Bump
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    i. need. to. try. this.
  • I literally despise oatmeal.............I will try this because I love mounds:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.