Christmas Goal???

trent_sluiter
trent_sluiter Posts: 27
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So the hardest time of the year for losing weight is coming up, and I think we all want to lose weight before Christmas/New Years so we can really shock all of our family with how good we all look.

I had an original goal of being at 180 before christmas, but it looks like I may surpass since I just weighed in at 182. So I was thinking of setting a new goal for the final stretch, but I need your help.

What do ya think? I was considering 175. What are your goals for the final stretch? Who do you want to impress? Let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    That sounds like a great goal! My goal originally was to hit 138. I surpassed and went down to 130. Over the last couple of weeks, however, I gained 3. So my goal is to pass 130 by Christmas. Good luck to you!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    My original goal for Christmas was 170. Last Friday, I weighed in at 164, so unless I have some sort of freak Cadbury and pizza accident that lasts a week or two, I'd say I'll do better than that. After I realised I was going to pass my goal, I joined a Christmas group with the goal of getting to 157 by Christmas. I've got a weigh-in tomorrow and I'm getting close, but I might not make it. I don't want to impress anyone but myself, and if my mother in law could refrain from poking my saddlebags, that would be really nice. Maybe I should write a letter to Santa...
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    By the way, good job getting there early. The only way to find out if you can do it is to try, so why not? I say go for it.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Maintain, maintain, maintain so I'm going to workout like crazy so I can eat with my family!

Good luck with your goals all!
  • I agree with you ickybella I'm really doing it for myself! And the one main person I want to impress is my doctor when I have the next check up! But let's be honest it's nice to get the positive comments rather than "Man you've put on a lot of weight!!"

Oh family!!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I agree with you ickybella I'm really doing it for myself! And the one main person I want to impress is my doctor when I have the next check up! But let's be honest it's nice to get the positive comments rather than "Man you've put on a lot of weight!!"

Oh family!!!!

Someone actually said that to you? Oh no! LOL! But I guess honesty IS the best policy. Not to mention a harsh dose of reality and a major wake up call! My best friend told me a couple years ago, "Wow you've really filled out. Like a swimmer I mean." Nice cover up I thought to myself!
  • Some people...not all but some, think it's ok to say that to men and not women for some reason. I appreciate the honesty most of the time but when people say things to get under your skin it sucks!
  • I agree- people seem to be a lot harsher on men for some reason. I know when my husband was heavier, his softball team would tease him and call him "Michelin Man"- I think it really hurt his feelings. I don't think people would ever say anything like that to a woman
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Is it sad that my only goal is to not gain 10 pounds? lol
  • Not at all! That's why I hope to lose as much before Christmas because I know I will be gaining!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    good. because really my only goal for the remainder of the month is not to get fat haha
This discussion has been closed.