pub meals ??

Options
This might sound like a daft question, but next Friday I am going out for my Aunts 40th birthday.
I will be having a few glasses of wine which im not too worried about on cal count just for the one night (although have already checked out what it will be lol)

but as we are having a pub meal Im planning on staying with in cal count for my food atleast (doing my best too).

so to my question.......

0n the menu it has a healthy options section, this includes things like jacket spuds, types of salads etc.
It then state a cal count next to the meal.
All the meals are usual serves with a salad that has a dressing etc (im sure you all know what i mean)

is the cal count next to the meal for the whole meal (eg the jacket spud, filling and salad etc)
Or just the actual main part (eg the jacket spud and filling) and the salad and dressing etc is extra cals on top of that??

I asked my husband and he has no idea so thought you lovely lot might know

xx

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would definitely clarify that with the server prior to ordering. A salad isn't going to add all that many calories unless you add dressing to It (maybe ask for low cal). For most bigger places say like Denny's they include the whole meal on their fit fare calorie count. They do not however add say maple syrup, thus I usually ask for sugar free.
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it varies so you will need to ring the pub if it is independent, or if it is a chain, then their web site or customer services should be able to tell you. You're making me think about what is and isn't included in restaurant calorie counts now ! If hte worst comes to the worst could you skip the dressing?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Which pub is it?
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Its a Fayre & Square pub ( i think? defo not a wetherspoons ? )

I thought to be on safe side ask for no dressing on salad lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I thought to be on safe side ask for no dressing on salad lol
    A salad without dressing should have minimal calories.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    I have looked on the website.

It give the menu but not like it is printed on the menu at the pub so is baisc what a meal is and the price but no calories.

im only on day 11 of doing this and am doing really well, and although my husband is on the mind set of "its just one night it wont hurt" I dont wanna go down that road because thats the road that will knock me off track with it all.
    Im not gonna stress over it but I guess just need to make the right choices on the night.
    So while he is sat there with his massive mix grill I will be wiser lol and defo will not be ordering the chocolate fudge cake and ice cream id usually have after dinner at the pub
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Maybe try and compare to Wetherspoons as they specify what the calories include and you can guestimate from that?

I looked on the website but couldn't see and calories so possibly not the Fayre and square chain.

Anyway - Ask for dressing on the side or ask if they have any low cal dressings - an djust use your common sense - one day won't hurt in the long run especially if you just make a sensible choice. :drinker:
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    sensible choice? right I will swap the dinner for extra wine, that means i know the exact colories hahaha
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    sensible choice? right I will swap the dinner for extra wine, that means i know the exact colories hahaha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

I was thinking more steak or chicken than cheesy nacho - but whatever works
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    Oh yer, guess that would work too lol