Self-discipline and spiritual sacrifice

Options
:heart: Back in April when my health got real bad I started this change of lifestyle healthy eating and living. It was easy. The weight kept coming off. I was motivated by pain and I knew all already what to do....with the old knowledge of dieting before 1998. When I reach to 250 pounds in late September, I could not seem to loose anymore weight. I hit a plateau. I tried every trick. 1. eating my 2,000 calories for a week and exercising and then returning to 1500 calories. No results. 2. Exercising three times a day--- no results. 3. Eating below the 1500 calories and no results. That sweet, gentle,little voice kept telling me discipline and spiritual sacrifice. Honesty is the first policy of this new lifestyle and I had slip. I thought a spoonful of something would not hurt but it does. There are times you listen to the body and there are times you don't listen to it. You use your wisdom or the wisdom of others. It was tough especially during Thanksgiving. Now that it is gone I need to set short goals for January 1st. In a Mexican-American family this month up to the sixth of January is full of eating. So my short term goals is to lose 5 pounds. If I lose more-- wonderful. I have to start with small steps. House chores, landscape up keep, exercising for myself, taking the dogs for walks, logging my exercises, my food intake, and my feelings or what is happening today are all parts of my little steps. I have to have them organized. If something I don't want to do comes up or just something esle comes up....I WILL BE GRATEFUL. Now it is very important that I do the most difficult task first. For me that is my journal and exercising. So I will prioritize the exercise as number 1 and the journal number 2. In order to concentrate, the morning newspaper reading or watching the news is out. CHANGE AND CHANGE! I need to focus on my priorities. Avoid the temptation of been entertained. Another CHANGE is avoid visiting my folks during eating time and sitting at the kitchen table to visit. Now I have to be punctual with priorities one and two. Just like my eating schedule has to be on time so has to numbers 1 and 2. I have to be constant with my chores and priorities. PRACTICE AND PRACTICE. THE MORE I PRACTICE, THE MORE I DO MY TASK CONSISTENTLY THE MORE I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. Now I might be wrong with this plan. If I am I will let you know. Oh, oh! One more thing the scarifice i do here is two folds: 1. I honor God who lives in me. 2. my body will be rewarded with health and strenght. See you later.