Working nightshift

Options
Looking for advice, I work in a very busy environment and am on my last set of nightshift tonight (will work 2200 - 0700 ). I am concerned that I might get hungry during shift and not quite sure what to snack on?? Today is my first proper day of using MFP and monitoring calories. Before I would usually just eat rubbish but this is a new me and will not give into temptation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

June

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I work 7P-7A 3 times a week. What works for me - I eat a real dinner at home between 4:30 and 5. I work in a crazy busy delivery room and not getting a real meal break is pretty common, so I make sure I have real food before I go. There's limited food at night, mostly fried, so I stopped eating there and bring my own. I currently bring lots of things I can grab and eat on the go - cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, fruit (raspberries with some chocolate sauce on top is my current go to), bagged apple slices and peanut butter, some chocolate :happy: and yogurt. I reset the calories at midnight as MFP does. And of course a water bottle.

Good luck.