Late Introduction

Options
Hi all, I'm Lee.

I'm a software engineer in the UK, and I've been 'thin' for about 7 years (age 16). I lost 20kg over the space of 2 to 3 months doing caloric restriction and ridiculous amounts of cardio. There are many ways to get 'thin', this is probably one of the most unpleasant and most unhealthy, I lost a lot of muscle mass (my protein intake would have been miniscule, in hindsight), and was pretty much 'skinny-fat' for a while (but I didn't care, because I was skinny).
I started running by accident when I was 19, did some 5k runs, some 10ks, but all the while my recurring IBS was slowly worsening with the attacks I'd had since early teens becoming more and more frequent. At the height of the symptoms, my diet was pretty much perfect according to standard measures. Lots of oats, Low fat yoghurt, fruit, beans and legumes, cottege cheese, very VERY little fat overall. I'd never been more generally-ill in my life, on reflection, and all this time I had to do masses of exercise seemingly to keep the weight off. Lucky for me I enjoyed running, but I would have liked to lose the left-over flab from my torso (very little, bothers me though).

I started a low carb, ketogenic diet 10 months ago as an experiment, but it pretty much immediately cured my IBS and continues to provide me with that and a number of other physical and mental benefits, so I stuck with it. I also started weight training around that point.
I only used MFP for the first two weeks or so in order to get a handle on the ketogenic food ratios, but now I'm trying to actually achieve a specific goal (lower body fat to 10% to try and get rid of the aforementioned flab), so I'm tracking pretty religiously.

As well as consciously restricting calories for the first time in a while(keto made this unnecessary), I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5 programme in an attempt to get some structure and solid progression into my gym routine. It's very fun, but my lack of patience and desire to make slow-and-steady progress (the point of the programme) is being tested :-P.

I like to cook odd things which are low-carb friendly and match my targets, my dinner can look like anything, from curry to cookies to pizza.

I have a blog (which needs some love) at http://leetogenic.blogspot.nl/
I am also on Fitocracy: https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/bizarrefish/?feed

I don't really have a goal weight, but I'm tracking it anyway out of interest. It seems to be moving downward.

I believe in all of you guys!

Replies

• mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of stuff going on for you dude but well done for joining a community that I believe can help you bring stability to all the regimes that you are carrying out.

I am not sure what the end goal is but feel free to add me for support, in the UK too. :smile: