No way, for real ? Did I really ?

Options
So...ladies and gentlemen,

This morning I've finally ran the first 5k of my life. It was 5.6k in 38 minutes to be exact and I thought I didn't even make it to 4k. I'M SO HAPPY !!! Especially finals are coming and this just made my day. Now I have something good to think about while I bury myself in the library.

I still can't believe it ! My legs weren't hurt and my heart beat fast but was totally fine. I'm so excited that I can jump around in my suite and even if my roommates think I'm crazy I won't even care !

Thanks everyone, thanks MFP !

PS: The only thing I'm concerning now is I've heard that you should eat only a small snack before you work out and then eat the main meal later. However, I found it difficult to follow that suggestion. I usually eat half of my daily energy in the morning, then go to the gym then eat small meals through out the day. Is that bad ? Is it okay to do that because I feel comfortable with it even though after work out I usually feel a little bit hungry but not much. Thanks everyone.

* Fainted in happiness *

Replies

• Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations!! :bigsmile:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And what an Inspiration! :drinker:

Katie
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Congrats on your first 5k! :D

As for eating, I think you're fine. If you feel comfortable working out after a bigger meal, go right ahead. That suggestion is probably more for people like me who can't exercise on a full stomach without wanting to vomit. :tongue:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    If what/how you are eating works for you, stick with it! You are giving your body plenty of fuel so that you have energy for your workouts and that's great! And eating smalls meals every few hours is ideal!

Tip: try to consume a good protein after your workout; it will help with recovery and muscle growth! Sounds necessary anyway since you said you are usually slightly hungry after you workout.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!