Plateaus

mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
I'm only 3 weeks into my weightloss journey and have lost nearly 9lbs. I am now 5'8" 285 lbs. being a bigger guy when might a platue occur? More towards my goal weight or can it really hit any time?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    I'm a gal, have been at this since the end of May, but I've hit a couple of plateaus, am in one right now in fact. What happens is my weight seems to dance between the same 1-3 pound range for 10 or more days, then I get a whoosh loss of 3-4 pounds over the course of a couple days, then my weight dances again around a new lower 1-3 lb range.

In the beginning my weightloss was more linear, and because of that it was a lot more encouraging and motivating. Now it's more like what I described above.

Weight loss isn't linear, trust the process, blah blah blah...chant that, as I am, in between fits of rage, when the scale isn't moving, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!