Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

KICKED OUT

Growing up in the south, I have lived among food pushers my whole life. Sunday dinners at Mamaws, Church Picnics, Family Style suppers, Showers and Parties. I ate because it was available, free, tasted great and was seen as socially acceptable. I became queen of the "Clean Plate Club". Today I am formally denouncing my crown!!! I am kicking myself out of the club, anybody want to join me?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    That's not a southern thing. That's a people thing. All over the world, anywhere there is enough food, lol.

It's a hard habit to break, but others have and you can, too. :)
  • I completely understand I am originally from Texas and no matter where you go there is a smorgasbord. Even at local town events there was always some kind of cook-off (everyone wants you to sample their food) and Sundays were always lunch at Home Town Buffet.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    I agree it's an all over thing... whenever and wherever food is, there is always a choice. Eat it or not... Dang hard choice too. I used to shop and buy what was on sale and plan my meals around that. Since my journey began, I shop for healthier foods, and still spend less than all the junk I used to buy. I am happy you have decided to change your life OP, good luck on your journey, you can do this!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Know how you feel. As a former over eater I have no place at a smorgasbord!