Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Kicked Out

Growing up in the south, I have lived among food pushers my whole life. Sunday dinners at Mamaws, Church Picnics, Family Style suppers, Showers and Parties. I ate because it was available, free, tasted great and was seen as socially acceptable. I became queen of the "Clean Plate Club". Today I am formally denouncing my crown!!! I am kicking myself out of the club, anybody want to join me?

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    I quit the 'clean plate' club also.

But then I realized it was what was on my plate that was my problem, lol.

Now I fill it up with healthier foods. :)

Just have to say it; you are so very pretty!
  • While I agree with this when you're say eating out and not in control of the portions. But when at home and I've logged what's on my plate, you can forget not eating it all. In fact I might bite your hand if you try to take it away from me before I've finished :D
  • SheriWerth
    SheriWerth Posts: 17 Member
    I have to say that when I was eating junk and high carb/processed foods I was not in control of my portions at all and could eat my plate as well as everyone else. Now that I am eating more real foods I know what real fullness feels like for the first time in my life and sometimes I don't end up eating everything I had logged and that makes me feel good. As kids were were told to clean up our plates because there were starving children in other countries. I personally log just for the guide lines. But this is just what works for me and we are all different. Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    You should always clean your plate because of starving children in Africa.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    if anyone has problems with food pushes motivation emotional eating.. check out beck diet solution. she changed my life.

i broke the clean the plate club and eating because it was offered.

rather waste it than to waist it..

great job!!!
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    I spent 4 days in Mississippi visiting a friend and I was amazed at the amount of bad food pushed upon you down there. Veggie is a 4 letter word down south it seems. After I left I realized why the south is the most obese geographic area in the world.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Growing up in the south, I have lived among food pushers my whole life. Sunday dinners at Mamaws, Church Picnics, Family Style suppers, Showers and Parties. I ate because it was available, free, tasted great and was seen as socially acceptable. I became queen of the "Clean Plate Club". Today I am formally denouncing my crown!!! I am kicking myself out of the club, anybody want to join me?

You had me at Mamaw. Girl, you are a kindred spirit! Us southern women gotta stick together! If we don't, we'll be eatin' all the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, coleslaw, fried green tomatoes, fried squash, fried okra, every pie known to man, and wash it all down with a gallon of sweet tea and lemonade. You don't tell the old ladies at church no, or it crushes their feelings, and you SURE don't tell Mamaw no. Then, you go to the showers, where there are sausage balls, barbecue weenies, ham biscuits, cake with lard icing (and GOD IT'S GOOD!), and every other goody the ladies from the church made. Yep, I've been there, and I'm with you. I've had to start making a SMALL plate of food, and talking about how good everything is and how full I am, and hearing it from everyone and his brother how I don't eat enough, but it's better than hurting Granny (my Mamaw passed several years ago) and the rest of the elders from the church's feelings by filling a plate and NOT eating it.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    I am in. Portion control, that's what it is all about.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Portion control is the key to success!
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    I am in too. I was just at my mother's house and then she invited all my siblings and anyone else she could factor in. Out came the cakes and pies.. you know the deal. This time I beat her to it though and made a low cal baked apple which is what I ate so they couldn't say anything. Lol. Also I usually put my food on a small plate that way it looks like I have it full to everyone else.