Probably a stupid question (it's about protein)...

Options
2»

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I've been using Level 1 Ice cream sandwich or chocolate peanut butter cup. I really like both, I am generally not a huge fan of any chocolate powders, but this one I love
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend The Protein Works! I was having the exact same problem as you, even so-called 'chocolate' flavoured protein I tried in various brands tasted nastyyyy to me (and I'm a chocoholic, I like anything chocolate flavoured so it had to be bad!!). The Protein Works have 18+ incredible flavours (Butterscotch Ripple, Cherry Bakewell, Rocky Road etc) and truth be told taste like milkshakes when added with milk, but I also use them for baking/with oats/greek yogurt. If you want (this isn't a promo or anything, just helping you get a freebie) you can use my code AW101648 when you create an account to get a 250g bag of protein for free - I used a code too and got a bag for free so just passing on the favour. If you try them you gotta let me know what you think!!! :smooched:
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Unjury (internet only)
  • bctr2013
    bctr2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried many brands and I like Syntha-6 best. All the flavors are good, so good that I look forward to a shake.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Chocolate powder, and I mix it with twice the amount of milk as recommended. Diluted like that, it's pretty good. I definitely don't like it with water though.

That reminds me of another "tip." Sometimes you have to experiment with how and with what you mix it in. I like to take mine with a LOT of water, so pretty thin consistency (mmm, like YooHoo drink). My friend likes hers creamy, so mixes with milk (and she like the extra fats of whole milk).

OP--you'll have to find your preferred blend ratio.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My can't people just answer a damn question without questioning the OP's reason for not wanting a s*** load of sugar on her shakes? If she doesn't want sugar it is her problem, not yours. Maybe she is diabetic, maybe she hates sugar, maybe she just doesn't want sugar for no reason. Freaking annoying.

And to answer the OP, I have used Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black and I like the way it taste.

muscle-infusion-black-supplement-facts.gif
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I like all of cellucor's proteins.....especially birthday cake :)
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    Also, quest bars might be an option for you. More tasty than a shake!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have been using EAS Lean 15 Vanilla Cream. It has 4g sugars according to the label, I don't know if that's high, sugar is the least of my concerns. I chose it mostly because it is cheap and low calorie - 100 calories, 15g protein, 5g fiber per 30g.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't use protein powder but my son does and he is incredibly picky about taste. He uses the Syntrax Nectar Sweets Chocolate Truffle. I looked at his tub and it says 0g of sugar.
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I can't wait to try a lot of these ☺️