Hello

Hi. I am new to myfitnesspal today - I had used fat secret in the past so I am not new to tracking my food. I stick with a low carb high fat diet, yes that is atkins and I have been pretty religious about it. I had lost all my weight and was at my goal 2 years ago. I stopped smoking and even continuing to eat well I packed on pounds! A few months after I quite smoking I came under some serious stress- for 2 years we had cps, court, therapy etc to get through the problem.. Thursday that problem went away for a very long time. :happy: I am hopeful that period in our lives over I can figure out a way to get back to my goal weight. I am trying to lower my protein portions.

I am going to exercise- Leslie Sansone and chris freyteg youtube videos, maybe that grokker I have watched a few of, and fitness blender are all videos I have used. I need to get more water and I do know that. I try, I do not drink other liquids (no pop, beer, or anything else) other than coffee and water- I just don't drink enough.

I have a 100% sedentary job- chained to a computer, well close to chained! :wink: I need to MOVE. I need motivation, I need friends with similar interests and goals, I need this to work.

My husband was recently told by his doctor that he is fat and needs to take some weight off as well. Maybe with him eating a little better (though he is not good at this! He has twinkies, candy bars, chips dip etc there is a reason he is fat!) we can do this together? I don't know so far we are lazy together so that isn't really going to help us with our goals.

Personally- I have been married for almost 16 years. I am in an accounting position for a small business in Northern Michigan. I have 2 children, 18 girl and 13 boy. The 18 year old is my step daughter who I have legal guardianship over as she is mentally disabled. I have 6 cats, 2 dogs, and a turtle living in our home. We are pretty active as a family, going to do things on the weekends. We enjoy skiing in the winter, swimming (we live on a lake), jet skiing, fishing, in the summer/fall.

Well that is all I can think of. I could really use some friends to help me along, kick me in the rear and spice up our recipes. Thanks for reading! Dawn

Replies