I binged on fruit... What are the damages?

Hey everyone,
So today I had a huge binge on fruits. It started around 12pm. I had eaten an apple and then a nectarine. I went back to the fridge and had eaten all of the green seedless grapes and there were a lot of grapes! (A LOT). After I ate that I then ate three more apples 4 more nectarines 3 peaches and than a lot of watermelon. Okay so what are the damages here?? Should I eat less tomorrow... or how should my day go. Also what could be the reasoning of this binge of fruit. It's bothering me. I am trying not to beat my self up and keep telling my self it's ok it was just fruit. Better then junk food.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    :huh: Seriously???
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    How far over your calories did you go?
  • Just wait for the diarrhea! :sick:
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Are you really 19?

Your bowels might hate you.
    Lots of fiber.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    5 apples, 5 nectarines, 3 peaches, grapes, and watermelon. So high estimate of calories would be around 1200 calories.
    You didn't say if this was in addition to other non-fruit food.

Only thing I'd be worried about is having having diarrhea from that much fruit. :wink:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You'll poo a lot.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    can....not....stop...laughing....:laugh:

better stock up on toilet paper.

Mmmmm, fiber....
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Just wait for the diarrhea! :sick:

^^^^THIS

was the first thing i thought of
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Fruit is not evel, just try to eat a little less from now on or you will be busy in the bathroom.:drinker: :laugh: :laugh:
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Let it go, man. You ate some fruit. That's cool. No big deal. Move on and don't worry.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Honestly, I would just carry on with my day and try not to worry about it much. One day won't ruin all of your hard work.
  • deathdozer927
    deathdozer927 Posts: 3 Member
    Just don't do it all the time. A quick spike in glucose levels could affect your pancreas/liver/insulin levels…. no bueno. It happened to me to lose weight too fast when I was eating too many fruits and not a lot of anything else when I was 18. I had an ER visit and my gallbladder taken out and have had pancreatitiis ever since (7 years). Sorry to scare you; however, one day of that should just give you a few extra potty breaks :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Your bowels are gonna explode????????
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Do you have an eating disorder (an established pattern of bingeing in general)? Did you eat this fruit in addition to other things? Did you continue eating the fruit after you were no longer hungry?

If you do have a problem with bingeing, please seek help from a professional trained in EDs. It's a mental health issue, not a diet issue.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    5 apples, 5 nectarines, 3 peaches, grapes, and watermelon. So high estimate of calories would be around 1200 calories.
    You didn't say if this was in addition to other non-fruit food.

Only thing I'd be worried about is having having diarrhea from that much fruit. :wink:

That's not bad... and you should be pretty full from all that fiber! Have you been restricting your sugar? Are you tracking your micronutrients? Are you still eating at a deficit at your goal weight?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Just wait for the diarrhea! :sick:

This
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I would not like to assume anything, but if you have an eating disorder, or are struggling badly with your eating, please do seek help from a professional.

That said, occasional excesses of fruit will not do any damage. It is the sort of energy that will be burnt off fairly rapidly when you engage in activity.
    I once ate 30 apricots in one go. I lived to tell the tale.

Just be sure you have a good stock of toilet paper and a good book in the bathroom.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    So I'm guessing that you are writing this because you are bored !!!! ???? Why else would you be on a calorie counting site and not know how to count calories ??? Hmmm. Maybe you're lonely and looking to chat !!!??? Either way, if you want to avoid such questions in the future, go back to square ONE and figure out what to do here ! You're very welcome :-)..
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Christ, I live off fruit, this sounds like my idea of fruit O.D heaven...

Brace yourself for an epic crap.:bigsmile:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Frankly if you are gonna binge you could do worse. 1200 calories or so is a packet of minstrels and some crisps.

Prepare for colonic implosion though.