so nervous

Options
So I have tried this app before but I found I was always starving and nothing was showing for it ... I'm nervous because I don't like the hungry feeling. I want too lose weight but I have nothing equipment wise and cannot afford a gym membership... I need help on where to start and what foods I can get on a budget.

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Perhaps Slimming World would suit your needs better?
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Can you afford Planet Fitness it's only $10 a month for the basic membership ?? Walking helps. Feel free to add me
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What do you have your calories set to? Did you pick the I want to lose weight immediately 2lbs a week loss which gives you only 1200 calories or did you set your calories to a more reasonable level? You don't need to starve to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Castiel22
    Options
    You could start with body weight exercises. Such as push ups, lunges, squats, calf raises, sit ups. Or you could do yoga. There are lots of videos on YouTube you could try. Also walking / running is a great exercise.

What are your goals? Here is a site to figure out your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    This should help you to figure out how many calories you should eat. TDEE is how many calories to maintain your weight. If you want to lose weight, you need to eat under that amount.

Hope this helped. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Oh, hon, you don't need gadgets or gyms to lose weight. Those gadgets - they're just fun for people who like gadgets. They are not necessary for weight loss. People lost weight before electricity was invented and some (like me) just don't want the things. You can lose weight.

You don't need to go to the gym. You can go for a walk outside. You'll get fresh air, too, which is a huge bonus. Swim, run, whatever you want. If the weather doesn't allow being outside, you can exercise in your house. You can get DVDs cheap on eBay or just do whatever. Jumping Jack's, toe touches and sit ups still get you moving. :)

There is a lot of talk about how junk food is cheaper. I have not found that to be the case at all. Fresh produce is much cheaper. Eating healthier food is better for your body and you can eat so much more food when it's the healthy variety. Fresh produce, lean white meats, whole grain breads, low-fat dairy... Read up:

http://www.fitness.gov/eat-healthy/how-to-eat-healthy/

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/healthy_eating/index.html

Talk to your doctor before beginning your weight loss journey. :)

There are tons of people trying to make money by selling things that help you lose weight, but the best thing is free. It's you. If you want to do it, you will, with or without spending extra money. :)
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So I have tried this app before but I found I was always starving and nothing was showing for it ... I'm nervous because I don't like the hungry feeling. I want too lose weight but I have nothing equipment wise and cannot afford a gym membership... I need help on where to start and what foods I can get on a budget.

Are you eating enough? People usually think that eating less is the key to weight loss and while that seems to be the right thing to do it's not. Actually eating more does this in the long run. And that's what you really want in the end is weight that gets lost and never finds its way back. There are plenty of things you can do with no equipment: walk, jog, run, body weight exercises etc. But resistance is big and can work like magic because it helps to challenge your body more; makes it work harder. It helps build muscle which burns fat. Even if you have no actual equipment like weights look around your home. Are there empty milk jugs you can fill with water, a basketball, volleyball, etc. Anything with heft that will give you that resistance? Also have you considered ordering home workout DVDs? Great for people who need that structure so that they know they're getting a well rounded workout. Depends on your bf%, height and weight to determine how many calories you'd need. Hope this helps!

-Felicia