Ghettoified Tuna Noodle Casserole

carrieliz81
carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Okay, I was scrounging my very bare cupboards for a packable lunch today, and I ingeniously came up with this. I'm sure others have created the same treat, but I am impressed with how palatable it is! Not tasty, mind you, but palatable.

One container Easy Mac
One packet tuna

Combine.

Eat.

I only put in about 2/3 of the tuna and ate the rest plain, but I was pleased with how the tuna made the Easy Mac less gross and the Easy Mac made the plain tuna less gross. I supplemented this with some dried cranberries, for a total lunch calorie count of 470.

Replies

• kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    I use to do that all the time and I'd throw in some peas!
  • carrieliz81
    Mmmm, yes, I remember making mac-n-cheese with tuna and peas in college... delicious! The peas are a little more tricky to add when preparing lunch in a break room, but that is definitely the way to round out the meal!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    HAHAHAHAHA! I love the name of your lunch. Too funny! Thanks for the laugh. :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    you put craisins in it? :noway: that seems like it doesn't go...
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    I've got you beat... when I was in college I used to make tuna casserole with a can of tuna and a brick of top ramen noodles! :D
  • I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the "whole foods/clean living/processed food is evil" replies to start.... :wink:
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Mmmm, yes, I remember making mac-n-cheese with tuna and peas in college... delicious! The peas are a little more tricky to add when preparing lunch in a break room, but that is definitely the way to round out the meal!

you can actually buy single serving peas...i think they have corn and carrots too...not definitely sure about the carrots =)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the "whole foods/clean living/processed food is evil" replies to start.... :wink:

Want to share some popcorn drizzled with chocolate while we wait? :bigsmile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Eww nasty but love the name :)
  • I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the "whole foods/clean living/processed food is evil" replies to start.... :wink:

Want to share some popcorn drizzled with chocolate while we wait? :bigsmile:

Yum! I'll take mine with mac n cheese on the side! :tongue:
  • carrieliz81
    you put craisins in it? :noway: that seems like it doesn't go...

No, that DID sound weird, didn't it.... I did not add the craisins to the mac n tuna mixture, but they were part of my overall meal.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    I've got you beat... when I was in college I used to make tuna casserole with a can of tuna and a brick of top ramen noodles! :D

That is delicious!!!!! I used to do that all of the time.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    I used to make mac and cheese with tuna all the time. My husband got sick of it. that was right after we were married. I dont cook that way anymore. plus I stopped buying Kraft brands of mac and cheese (including Velveeta brand) because of the added MPCs that are in it which are not approved by the FDA.

My mother in law makes a tuna casserole with cream of chicken soup, tuna and crushed up Ruffles potato chips. Sounds weird but tastes pretty good. The chips are the sub for the typical noodles in tuna casseroles. The baked ones are far less "bad" than the regular ones. talk about processed food heaven! canned cream soup, potato chips and canned tuna. lol
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the "whole foods/clean living/processed food is evil" replies to start.... :wink:

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.