Any Smokers Want/Trying To Quit?

Options
Miss_1999
Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
Yes. I admit it. I'm one of those no good, nasty ol' smokers. Addiction is an ugly thing. I've smoked for-- I don't even wanna talk about how many years. I quit once- for roughly 14 months (before/while I was pregnant, and a short time post-partum), then, due to PTSD surrounding labor/delivery/the birth of my daughter, and a birth injury I sustained, I began again. I've never really been a heavy smoker, I smoked more when I was with my friends, out at the bar, or under stress. However, I've found myself the past several months smoking heavier than I ever have in my life. I'm going through roughly a half a pack to a pack a day. Granted, I've been under enough stress to kill an ox, and I suppose I've been using this as my way of coping. I've tried the vapor, and I end right back up on cigarettes. Ugh. What makes ALL of this worse, my husband thinks I quit about 14 years ago. How do I get away with it, you ask? I blame the smell on my friends (in my car/on me), and I smoke outside at night after he and my daughter have gone to sleep at night.) I've GOT to do something. Anyone else wanting to quit or successful quitters?

Replies

• smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I'm sorry you have to keep it a secret from your family. It must be kind of stressful. I can't really help you because I'm not ready to quit yet (I smoke a pack of light American Spirits/week). I CAN say that exercising 6 days a week has made me want to do it less. I hope the life style change helps you feel that way too, if that's what you want! Good luck :)
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    *hugs* Thanks! You know, honestly, exercising has made me realize that I can't keep it up, or at the VERY least that I've gotta cut back. Last Monday I went to Splash Country with my friends for our birthday (We've got three birthdays in a row (25th, 26th, 27th) so we went down early to celebrate. They were running from one water ride to the next so fast, and climbing the stairs like it was nothing. Despite my weight loss, I was gasping for air. I KNOW it's because I've been smoking more. Don't get me wrong, I'm *still* heavy, but I shouldn't be *that* out of breath climbing and walking.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It's okay! Try to cut back a little and maybe you'll feel better. What about coming clean to your husband?