Challenge - No alcohol for 2 weeks!

Options

Replies

• searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready to start my own thread about the challenge of drinking less wine but I saw this one so I thought that this would be a great place to start. I would love to be a part of this challenge. My problem is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE wine. It makes my food taste better. I don't drink it until I sit down for dinner. However, at that time, it is "on." I can't stop. I have like to eat chocolate with my husband after our dinner. We do this on the couch together. I guess that is sort of a comfortable habit (for lack of a better way to say it). I know that I can still sit with him after dinner but that is something that we really look forward to each day. We both end up drinking too much and I hate the regret the next day. I waste SO MANY calories. I also know that it is not doing my body any good. With all of that said, does anyone else feel the same way? Anyone else worried that this will be a hard challenge?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready to start my own thread about the challenge of drinking less wine but I saw this one so I thought that this would be a great place to start. I would love to be a part of this challenge. My problem is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE wine. It makes my food taste better. I don't drink it until I sit down for dinner. However, at that time, it is "on." I can't stop. I have like to eat chocolate with my husband after our dinner. We do this on the couch together. I guess that is sort of a comfortable habit (for lack of a better way to say it). I know that I can still sit with him after dinner but that is something that we really look forward to each day. We both end up drinking too much and I hate the regret the next day. I waste SO MANY calories. I also know that it is not doing my body any good. With all of that said, does anyone else feel the same way? Anyone else worried that this will be a hard challenge?

Agree. It does become a comfortable habit. That is the best way to describe it. My comfortable habit is going to dinner with my husband, relaxing, talking , eating and having a glass of wine. Only for me one glass turns into 4!!!! Not good.
  • Guitarist4L1fe
    Guitarist4L1fe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just recently quit. It was totally messing up my focus. I am down 50 pounds since I started no drinking on June 20th. It really has given me the ability to stay on my program. I don't find myself making a pound of pasta 1:30am covered in some sort of cheese. That is always helpful. :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My husband always say i have no cutofff valve. :smile:
  • Renosu
    Renosu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in - Going to take a "bye" for Saturday because of a big party, but none at all during the week or outside of special occasions.... and then in MODERATION. (that's a real word - I looked it up!)
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in, day one today!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My husband always say i have no cutofff valve. :smile:

me too. Once a bottle is open it must be finished!

Onto Day 3 now, the weekend is going to be a challenge for me but thinking it is only for 2 weeks and if I do this every 6 months then that's a whole month per year.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I cut down quite a bit on drinks, but I don't see any reason to drop it completely. I can have a beer or two every day and fit it in my calories.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Give up my whiskey and vodka.?? No way...
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No beer or wine last night with dinner, didn't miss it :-) Day two today!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I rarely ever drink so this will be a breeze.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    dont drink often enough to take part, but best of luck to all of you.
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could stop entirely, either - well, I don't WANT to, it's a choice - but I could certainly cut back. When I do drink my average is usually 3 pints of beer, I'd like that average to be 1 pint, I think cutting that back in itself would make a huge difference. So while I upfront know it won't be an entire two weeks, I'd like to use this challenge as a reminder/helper to implement some moderation...
  • diva4910
    Options
    i love to drink, im having drinks after work, so tomorrow i will start this challenge,, I have gained 17lbs since i stopped smoking and i need to lose wieght
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started this a week ago I have am 11 days in and I kinda feel better for it. I don't drink a lot but with it being summer every weekend I am drinking Friday and Saturday and I felt like it was effecting my energy. Also I binge eat while drinking and the day after I do the same. So I decide to quit for a bit I still have fun without it but man Sommerby's are sooooo gooooddd
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I just recently quit. It was totally messing up my focus. I am down 50 pounds since I started no drinking on June 20th. It really has given me the ability to stay on my program. I don't find myself making a pound of pasta 1:30am covered in some sort of cheese. That is always helpful. :)

50lbs in 2 months?
    Seeing as your ticker says 4lbs lost and 51lbs to go, I call BS.

To those doing this challenge, good luck.
    I haven't drank alcohol since 21 Dec 2011.
    And have only consumed it in food at restaurants.
    In my opinion, I find it to be a pointless hobby. But I know others who like the taste of alcohol and find it relaxing. I'm not one of them lol - it tastes kinda yucky IMO
  • torchwoodpixie
    Options
    After downing a 3Liter box of wine last night, I'm gonna do this.
  • readysetgo69
    Options
    My challnge would be to never drink again!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    In...Day 3 today!!