*ESCONDIDO bomb house to be set on fire any minute, thoughts

WildFlower7
WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Their setting the Esco bomb house on fire in a minute :/ I personally think they should have removed the bombs before they set the damn house on fire. Fire + Explosives. . . is probably gonna = kaBOOOOM!
Yes yes I realize it was dangerous to send anyone in, but really lighting a house on fire full of explosives...sCaRy :/

Your thoughts?

Replies

• Totally agreed. If they were so worried about it exploding then why are they blowing it up?!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    They couldn't get through the house safely. There were explosives and massive amounts of clutter everywhere... From everything I've read, this was pretty much the only option.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    They don't want anything to explode. It sounds weird I know, but one way to get rid of explosives is to set them on fire under controlled conditions that actually prevent explosions.
  • WildFlower7
    I just can't imagine that fire+explosives would be a good thing. . . if there's not any explosions and I'm wrong, then for once in my life I will be glad to be wrong, it's neat to watch though!:bigsmile:
    Way too close to home!
  • it's actually safer for them to set fire, and do a controlled detination of the explosives, then it would be to remove them all, and attempt to defuse each one individually. it's the smartest thing to do in that situation.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    And, according to the U-T, "Officials say the chemicals are expected to burn off rather than cause an explosion".
  • Is it live on the news?
  • WildFlower7
    Is it live on the news?

Yeah it's on right now, I'm watching Fox 11!
  • WildFlower7
    And, according to the U-T, "Officials say the chemicals are expected to burn off rather than cause an explosion".

and that is a very good thing! I couldn't imagine being a neighbor! Eeesh!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Any guy would be saying, "Blow that *kitten* up!" Just watch Mythbusters. They blow everything up.
  • Is it live on the news?

turns on tv

::popcorn::
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Why does all the fun stuff happen AFTER I leave So. Cal?!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    All I have to say is glad I'm not a neighbor!!!!!
  • WildFlower7
    Is it live on the news?

turns on tv

::popcorn::

:laugh: LOL, I really was eating popcorn while watching it
  • WildFlower7
    Any guy would be saying, "Blow that *kitten* up!" Just watch Mythbusters. They blow everything up.

:heart: that show, I do have to say it wouldn't been neat to watch it blow if noone was hurt it was under control and nothing, but that house burned:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.