Any ladies lose postpartum?

Options
How'd you start? (How long should I workout in the beginning?)
Im going on seven weeks postpartum and I use the depo as birth control so I seem to be hungry constantly.
Bottle feeding
CNA working evening shift.
New to exercise

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I could use some friends as well :)

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Birth control is a b****. That's how I gained the first 20 lbs that led to my actual overweight situation. I was hungry all the time and didn't pay attention to what I was putting in my mouth. You might want to switch birth control method... I take very low hormones pills, and it seems to help.

Since you're postpartum, you should increase your physical activity really gradually. Even more so if you didn't exercise before your pregnancy. I started back with a walk with the stroller every day for a few months. I increased speed and distance gradually. I started running when my daughter was 10 months. I recommand following a program like "from couch to 5K in 9 weeks". You can find it on the Internet pretty easily. It worked really well for me.

With the new baby and all, you have 2 options: training with your baby, or leaving the baby to daddy and take your "me time" to exercise.

Good luck!
  • athomas5210
    Options
    I am also 7 weeks postpartum and I didn't workout all through my pregnancy because I was working 40 a week up until I had my baby. But now I've gotten the okay to start working out. I have found that I love to do Zumba I found 2 really fun zumba fitness videos online. I started out with just the 15 minute workout because I didn't know how long my baby would sleep but she takes naps during the day which are always more than 15 minutes long. So anyways I started with that one and then moved up to the 26 minute video. If you want to check them out it's called Latin Dance Fitness Beginners and Latin Dance Fitness Beginners 2 *New (you can find them on youtube.com). Just a thought hope it helps.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started walking at 7 weeks postpartum, and just increased the exercise as time went on. I'm a SAHM so I do all of my exercises at home while I watch our daughter (naptimes and bedtime are awesome). Find things you enjoy, and don't be afraid to try new things. YouTube has a lot of free exercise videos that you can do in your living room, like Jillian Michaels' stuff. We do family walks now in the evening, since our daughter loves to be outside. Eating at a deficiency helped tremendously too, probably more than the exercise. No experience with depo, sorry, since I went back on the pill.

Just take it a day at a time and enjoy your little one! :flowerforyou: