AARG ATTACH OF THE KILLER MUNCHIES

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
I can't stand it, I've been cooking all day for a large party tomorrow, and I have the munchies so bad. My husband will come in soon laden with chips, and other goodies for tomorrow, and here I am trying really really hard to be satisfied with a carrot :noway: waiting for my glass of wine, which I can't have until dinner.

Replies

• beep
    Options
    I can't stand it, I've been cooking all day for a large party tomorrow, and I have the munchies so bad. My husband will come in soon laden with chips, and other goodies for tomorrow, and here I am trying really really hard to be satisfied with a carrot :noway: waiting for my glass of wine, which I can't have until dinner.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Sneezing all over your munchies.............want them now???
  • beep
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually don't have any around...... yet. Just trying to ward them off.
  • Texas_Candy
    Texas_Candy Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Well my husband knows I'm trying hard to lose weight and what does he buy me for Mother's Day...my favorite kind of chocolate. Yeah the economy size. So needless to say I had a bad night when I raid the bag last night.

But today is a new day and right now is a new day for you. So put down those tempting items and grab that carrot and munch the hell outta it. That carrot is what will bring you success!!!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Munchies huh?

*enters cop mode*

Haven't been smoking anything....interesting today have we Beep? Hmm? Have we? Maybe toking a little on the ol' reefer? Hmm!?!?

(I have my eyes on you Beep, you troublemaker!!!)
  • beep
    Options
    Munchies huh?

*enters cop mode*

Haven't been smoking anything....interesting today have we Beep? Hmm? Have we? Maybe toking a little on the ol' reefer? Hmm!?!?

(I have my eyes on you Beep, you troublemaker!!!)

They're everywhere:embarassed:
  • DesertWind
    DesertWind Posts: 17
    Options
    Don't knock the Chocolate!! Buy it with a high percentage of Cocao and it's very good for you!! Just don't eat too much!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg Beth you sound like me when I have all those big bright bags of chips and snackies for a party the day before...I have to totally coax myself away from opening even just one...or it will get ugly really quick lmbo!!!

hugs and good luck and what you making hon?! and more importantly...can we all come?!!
    lol

ali :drinker:
  • beep
    Options
    omg Beth you sound like me when I have all those big bright bags of chips and snackies for a party the day before...I have to totally coax myself away from opening even just one...or it will get ugly really quick lmbo!!!

hugs and good luck and what you making hon?! and more importantly...can we all come?!!
    lol

ali :drinker:

Oh, wouldn't that be the best fun???!!!!

My 2nd son is "graduating" from my homeschool (I know that sounds weird to some out there, but being in a Navy family it fit us really well), and we're having a big turning 18, manhood, leaving us to go to college party!

The menu is.... tada

Artichoke dip with tortilla chips
    Fresh Salsa

Sadlers Smoked Beef Brisket (Sams)
    Red Potato Salad (homemade by request)
    3 Bean Barbequed Beans with Sausage and Bacon (a cholesterolic killer)
    Coleslaw

Yeast Rolls
    And a big old Chocolate cake from Sams (yea, it's not white with buttercream frosting, I can do this)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :tongue: what time do I show up...I'll bring my own doggie bag....oh and wine too...he he he! lol...but def. a doggie bag...yum yum yum!!!

hugs and have a blast sounds sooo not silly and like a wonderful idea!!!
    Ali
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    OMG...I'm cooking for a dinner party tomorrow night...I'm in the same boat!

Why don't y'all stop by with your doggie bags after you hit up Beep's place..? That will save me from eating all my leftovers!!

My menu:

Roasted shrimp with thousand island dressing
    Melon and prosciutto
    Summer salad
    Orzo with roasted veggies
    Lemon cake with whipped frosting
    Mint juleps
  • beep
    Options
    OMG...I'm cooking for a dinner party tomorrow night...I'm in the same boat!

Why don't y'all stop by with your doggie bags after you hit up Beep's place..? That will save me from eating all my leftovers!!

My menu:

Roasted shrimp with thousand island dressing
    Melon and prosciutto
    Summer salad
    Orzo with roasted veggies
    Lemon cake with whipped frosting
    Mint juleps

Oh, I like your menu way better.... but this is a teen boy thing with all his buddies. Can I come there? I love lemon cake, and mint juleps!!! all that stuff!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yes, Beep, grab a fork and get over here!! LOL.

Good luck getting through tomorrow...stay strong!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    *drool drool*
  • beep
    Options
    Come on over Manda, it will only be a 7 hour drive
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I did fine yesterday and wasn't over on my calories, but when I was looking over the nutrition information I realized that I was over in the fat column. When I looked over my daily intake, I realized I woudn't have gone over if I just hadn't eaten those barbecue chips! Dang those chips! Salty snacks are my downfall!
  • beep
    Options
    I'm finding there are two things that I cannot pass up: the cake, and the potato chips.

But I'm also finding good ways of avoiding them. Having a bunch of teens in the house who are all beanpoles, I have to have snacks onboard. So, i try to get snacks that I don't like. I really do not like pretzles, but my kids do. I also can eat one tortilla chip and be satisfied, so we usually have plenty of those onhand. But if there were potato chips in there, I would be sneaking in the pantry all day. So, we don't get those very often and when we do, I make my 5 kids empty the bag (which is not difficult.)