Snowmobile Calorie Burn?!?!?!

Audi68
Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So I joing MFP becuase now that my son has graduated and moved out, it is me time. I wanted to get in shape and do more outdoor activities. My adorable, supportive husband just went and bought us some snowmobiles. HOLY CRAP!!!! He tells me "You'll be surprised at the calories you will burn." Ya, by being scared to death!!!! Oh well, life is for living, and if I suddenly stop posting you'll probably know why, I'll be in traction in hospital LOL!!

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Check this out for exactly how many cals you burn w/ your age/height/weight/gender.

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/exerciseinfopage.html

I burn 148 cals an hour. I guess that’s the tight gripping and straight posture. I personally wouldn’t count it as exercise but you've got yourself a fun new toy, enjoy!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    :laugh:

I'm not too surprised. I get quite a burn muscling a 700-lb motorcycle along some of the twisty mountain roads here in the PNW. That and the increased heart rate that goes along with it.

A dualsport moto would be great fun and an awesome way to see more of the forests around here, while working some muscles that just don't get worked doing anything else.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    So I joing MFP becuase now that my son has graduated and moved out, it is me time. I wanted to get in shape and do more outdoor activities. My adorable, supportive husband just went and bought us some snowmobiles. HOLY CRAP!!!! He tells me "You'll be surprised at the calories you will burn." Ya, by being scared to death!!!! Oh well, life is for living, and if I suddenly stop posting you'll probably know why, I'll be in traction in hospital LOL!!

also your metabolism speeds up trying to keep warm!!
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Check this out for exactly how many cals you burn w/ your age/height/weight/gender.

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/exerciseinfopage.html

I burn 148 cals an hour. I guess that’s the tight gripping and straight posture. I personally wouldn’t count it as exercise but you've got yourself a fun new toy, enjoy!

Thanks for the link. It looks like I should burn 160 per hour. Compared to the 65 per hour I would get from sitting on the couch, the snowmobile will be a plus.
  • I think the day I went snowmobiling (the only time, and the last!) I must have burned WAY more than 150 an hour. It was in powdery snow and really hard to turn the snowmobile, and it kept getting stuck and we kept having to dig/lift it out of the snow. It ended up hurting my back real bad (now sometimes that pain comes back when I run a lot). it is such an arm and shoulder workout. sorry I am no help for finding the calorie burn... just wanted to say it's more strenuous than one would think!
This discussion has been closed.