My HCG Story

jlyn74
jlyn74 Posts: 21
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I started homeopathic HCG program on August 1st & I just started my 2nd round on December 1st.
I've lost 49 lbs during this period!!
I have PCOS & Fibromyalgia.

So, anyone else using HCG drops?

Replies

• ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Ahhhh I guess this is the part where we all sit back and wait for the controversial argument to start. In case I end up the first response to this I will forewarn you that there are SEVERAL people on this site who strongly oppose the HCG diet and other posts i've seen like this end up a 10 page fight between the HCGers and non HCGers.
    I, however, wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey !
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    i used to use the injection i went from 220 to 200 but i didnt maintain and i only stayed on 20 days but i only went back up to 210 after that idk i like this better tho..
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    I have to admit that I have no idea what that is. I'll be interested in seeing what people post.
  • I second ItsNatastic; this seems like it could end in a big debate, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents.
    1. Congrats on the weight loss and sticking with the program. I know someone who did it and she said it was really difficult.
    2. why is it called homeopathic?
  • jlyn74
    There are HCG injections and there is HCG homeopathic sublingual drops. I think there are are forms of the product out there now, too, but I'm not familiar with them.

Homeopathic: A system for treating disease based on the administration of minute doses of a drug that in massive amounts produces symptoms in healthy individuals similar to those of the disease itself. Courtesy: thefreedictionary.

Thx :)
  • Hey Jlyn - I think that's AWESOME! I'm R1P2D12 and down 18.+ !!! I think it's awesome - and if anyone wonders about it - they should read the entire protocol like we have, right? I've looked for a forum on this group and can't seem to find one, so I guess I'll stick with my facebook group..... :) thanks for posting b/c that's SUPER inspiring!
  • jlyn74
    Hmm, well I'm definitely not trying to cause controversy!! I just found something that works for me & hoped it would be encouraging to others.

Oh well...I'm a newbie here!!
  • ah ok, that makes sense. My guess is the drops would be safer than the injections. The hormone is naturally present in our bodies anyway, just higher during pregnancy.
  • jlyn74
    Thank you Lisette! Yes, I did a TON of research & totally expected it not to work, but I figured it was worth a try. And, to my utter amazement, IT DID WORK!! And I maintained my loss from round 1 consistently until round 2. I think different programs work for different people. This works for me.

CONGRATS TO YOU ON YOUR LOSS!!!
  • i tried hcg and i did loose a little but i didnt stick to it .. before my life changing decsion.. LOL
    BUT SUPER CONGRATS TO YOU STICK with it and youll rock it !!!
  • jlyn74
    What program are you using for weight loss? CONGRATS on your success!!
  • I also am starting hcg after my sister talked to me about it. She is an RN. I read about it and researched it and decided I was going to try it. I will be starting my load days on December 24th and I will be starting with the VOX pellets, which are homeopathic. I amy later do the injections, but have heard a lot of good success from the pellets. Since I joined here in March 2010, I lost 35 pounds on low carbs (Atkins) However; I also do Fast 5 and it all works for me. I understand about the cycles on hcg and it makes a lot of sense.
    If you get a lot of flack here about hcg, there are some great forums for it. We all work at it in our own way at our own pace.
    Congratulations on the weight loss.

Sarah
  • jlyn74
    Thx Sarah :)
    Make sure you really load up on your load days!! It really helps with the first week to stave off hunger. Apple cider vinegar helps too. And if you absolutely can't stand it and need a little something to satiate your hunger during those first few days, have just a teaspoon of peanut butter. It's not on protocol, but I did it my 1st round & it was a tremendous help, and didn't stall my weight loss.

BEST WISHES!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Not starting a debat here, just saying congrats to the weight loss. If this works for you, then ... well ... it works for you. Did the research too, but it's illegal where I live, so no chance for me to try it :laugh: And I admit from what I read it's not for me anyway.
    But you did a great job. I wish you the best.
  • Thnx..That is why i chose Christmas Eve & day to load up. I do not think I will have a prob with 500 calories (just the boring food)...On Fast 5, I do a 5 hour eating period for each day and lots of greens and the veggies will suffice. If I need extra help with hunger, I do have some phentermine I can use. Are you on drops or pellets?

Sarah
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    <snip> I've looked for a forum on this group and can't seem to find one, so I guess I'll stick with my facebook group..... :) <snip>

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138767-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
  • jlyn74
    Thank you :)
  • jlyn74
    Thnx..That is why i chose Christmas Eve & day to load up. I do not think I will have a prob with 500 calories (just the boring food)...On Fast 5, I do a 5 hour eating period for each day and lots of greens and the veggies will suffice. If I need extra help with hunger, I do have some phentermine I can use. Are you on drops or pellets?

Sarah
  • I am about to start the low cal phase on Sunday the 12th. I personally know at least 5 people that have great success using this system. My biggest problem is keeping track of what is in what i eat, so this site is awesome. there is a smart phone app they have that i use daily.

anyone on any kind of diet needs to pay attention to what they eat, so i'm blessed to have found this.

i like controversy too, so anyone that has a problem with hcg should lighten up, cause it's better than getting your stomach stapled, and i know there are people out there that are considering that option. try this first.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Thank you :)
    You're welcome:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.