Post your healthy meal recipe

I'm in need of some healthy meal ideas, whats your recipe? Please include ingrediants and how to make it ,thanks

Replies

• BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    One can of tuna (drained), One box of frozen spinach (thawed and drained - you have to squeeze the water out with paper towel to make sure you get most of the water out and give it a chop with a knife to break it up), half a small onion (chopped up in small pc), and two spoons of mayo. I know it sounds kinda gross to add spinach with tuna, but you would be surprised. You don't have to add a lot of mayo to make it taste good. You can eat plain or with crackers, if your diet allows them.
  • I am also looking for healthy meals especially ones that would help with fertility
  • NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    Red Wine Chicken Casserole

1.5kg (about 8) chicken thighs, with skin, parson's nose and visible fat removed
    100g bacon picnic slices, chopped
    16 eschalots or tiny pickling onions, peeled
    1 medium brown onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 tablespoons plain flour
    375mls (1 1/2 cups) dry red wine
    125mls (1/2 cup) chicken stock
    1 large carrot, sliced
    2 bay leaves
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    200g button mushrooms, stalks trimmed
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
    Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
    Couscous, to serve

1.Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
    Step 2
    Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add eschalots and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add the wine, stock, carrot, bay leaves and thyme. Stir until boiling.
    Step 3
    Place chicken in a large flameproof casserole dish and pour the wine mixture over the top. Cover and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
    Step 4
    Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the mushrooms and marjoram. Cover and cook for a further 15 minutes.
    Step 5
    Remove from oven and use tongs to transfer chicken pieces to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside. Bring liquid to the boil over medium-high heat and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until reduced by 1/3. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
    Step 6
    Return the chicken to the liquid and simmer until heated through. Serve with couscous.
  • skytoads
    skytoads Posts: 79
    This is what I made yesterday.. not sure if it constitutes as healthy for you..

2 lbs of 93/7 ground beef
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 can of organic black beans
    1 pack trader joes taco mix

Turn stovetop on medium high.
    Throw in the 2 lb of ground beef
    Add the taco mix
    Keep stirring until it is brown
    Drain the fat into a cup
    Open and drain the can of tomatoes
    Open and drain the can of beans
    Add beans and tomatoes into pan and stir!
    Put into separate microwave containers for lunches :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Chilli

500g of minced beef
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    half a tube of concentrated tomato puree
    1 tin of chopped tomato's
    Hot chilli powder (1 tea spoon)
    1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon of cumin
    salt & pepper