This is going to be great!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Ok, so my husband and I have been planning what to do for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in August. :love:

We want to go away for a week some place. :love:

I have really been looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time because I knew I would blow my new lifestyle on a vacation--no exercise and lots of eating out :noway:

So, we sat down this weekend and looked at options and decided to make it into a outdoor activity trip. We're going to go out to South Central VA, rent a cabin somewhere, and bike the Virginia Creeper Trail and do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail as well. If we get a cabin, then they come with a full kitchen, so we can prepare our own food--so not a lot of eating out, which means eating healthy--and exercise every day, too!!

A vacation, and anniversary, and I will probably lose some weight all at the same time.

Can't beat that with a stick! :happy:

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Ok, so my husband and I have been planning what to do for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in August. :love:

We want to go away for a week some place. :love:

I have really been looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time because I knew I would blow my new lifestyle on a vacation--no exercise and lots of eating out :noway:

So, we sat down this weekend and looked at options and decided to make it into a outdoor activity trip. We're going to go out to South Central VA, rent a cabin somewhere, and bike the Virginia Creeper Trail and do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail as well. If we get a cabin, then they come with a full kitchen, so we can prepare our own food--so not a lot of eating out, which means eating healthy--and exercise every day, too!!

A vacation, and anniversary, and I will probably lose some weight all at the same time.

Can't beat that with a stick! :happy:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That sounds like so much fun, I'm whole heartedly jealous :) Have a great time!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Oh man, I love the creeper trail. I go about once a month during warm weather. It's great. You'll have a GREAT time!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    OMG i love both of those trails. they are right here near where the sgt and i live, and let me tell you! The creeper is great, i still wear my creeper trail tshirt (as worn out as it is) at least once a week.
    The AT is another great story all together. What a fabulous idea, taking an outdoor adventure vacation. Sounds like you are right up my alley!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful trip!! I am jealous!! ENJOY!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Cool! Ok, so do you have a suggestion for a nice cabin/house rental, secluded would be great but close to the Creeper Trail, too, that would allow our old dog? I've emailed one already called South Fork that is 5 miles west of Damascus that sounds nice--fenced yard for the dog and everything.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Cool! Ok, so do you have a suggestion for a nice cabin/house rental, secluded would be great but close to the Creeper Trail, too, that would allow our old dog? I've emailed one already called South Fork that is 5 miles west of Damascus that sounds nice--fenced yard for the dog and everything.
    [/quote

Yeah stick around Damascus, very good people up there.
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great time! If I ever get that way, I'll have to check it out! There are some absolutely beautiful, awesome hiking/camping trips to be had here in Southeast Alaska as well. My husband and I recently did a 5.5 mile hike to the Eagle Glacier Cabin and camped for a couple nights with some friends of ours. Couldn't have asked for a better birthday! :bigsmile:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! :love:

My hubby and I take 4 trips a year, a week at a time to bike, hike, walk the beach..ect! People at my work always tease me and say my trips are not vacations. What do they know :happy:

Last year I lost 6 lbs on our road trip down coast. We stayed in Ventura, Pismo beach and went on long to bike ride and would walk along the beaches every night...it was great :happy:

Trust me you will love what your planning. Plus it give you true quality time with your hubby...even if your with friends. You guys will have blast.

Don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back :bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    Options
    I'm glad we decided on it now--gives me 3 months to get my cycling legs ready for the mountains!