The new fat girl on the block

Options
:flowerforyou: I am a 38 year old overweight mother of 2 boys and I do not want them to be like me. I have tried several times to lose weight and I do lose it and then gain it plus some back so needless to say I am scared to lose weight that I may potential gain back with a plus., I am hoping to break the cycle!!!! I hope to gain a lot of knowledge and learn how others cope. Thank you and good luck to all of us!!

Michelle

Replies

• bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will find it helpful here. You can friend me if you would like :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jaqthack
    jaqthack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Michelle,

I too was overweight and desperate. YOU can do it. Think and act thin. Workout everyday without exception (do something), log everything you eat before you eat it and eventually it will come off. Once it is off you will NEVER want to go back again. If you do not have your health you do NOT have anything. Celebrate each pound lost, by feeling good about yourself. Find your own mantra (eg. I am beautiful and I am definately worth it.) Treat this adventure like it is your last chance work out.

Things to look forward to after you lose the weight: Trying on clothes, going out into public and people giving you positive feedback, a hug that completely goes around your body, more energy, and just feeling like one of the thin people.

Believe it or not, the healthy, in-shape people I know are not thin by luck, they usually have to work at it. Best of Luck!
  • shelbya72
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 61 lbs, so I am right there with you.
  • almartinez2
    Options
    Welcome to the new in crowd of losing weight. I feel better already. Don't you?
  • almartinez2
    Options
    You don't look like you need to lose that much by lookin at your picture.
  • shelbya72
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!

With me being tall my weight is distributed everywhere, Plus I was well padded for the snow. I look like I swallowed an inter-tube or something. Specially when sitting!!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:)