Ziggy The Cat and the Hershey's Special Dark Bar

Options
Sounds like a fun book title doesn't it.

So I bought this fella as a treat after doing so well during my first two weeks. I get back from my lunch break, enter my dinner into my diary and remember I have the bar. I look at the nutritional facts on the back of the bar and realize that the whole bar has more sugar (20g) than what I have left "available" for the day (10g).

Do I go over and enjoy the bar?

Do I just skip it and have it another day?

Then I realize, I can have my cake and eat it too, split the bar in half and save some for later like Augustus Gloop should've done while drinking from Wonka's chocolate river.

It's a small triumph. But it's better than I would've done if I hadn't been using the food diary to track what I cram in my face.

Replies

• kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great job. It's really hard to remember simple little things like splitting in half. It's better to save some for later. Very hard to do when your used to stuffing your face. I know the feeling.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    THAT was excellent. So hard not to devour the whole thing at once!

DOES THE CHOICE I'M MAKING RIGHT NOW MOVE ME CLOSER TO OR FURTHER FROM MY GOAL?

You just moved a step closer! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!