Brazil Butt Lift

youngtweezy
youngtweezy Posts: 183
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am currently looking for a new workout program and have been considering using Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift. I have reached my goal weight and am simply looking to tone & build a little muscle. Are there any members who have tried this exercise program? Any reviews, comments?

Replies

• Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Great job reaching your weight loss goal. But, I don't know of any programs that do what you need. Good luck finding what you need. Let us know what you find.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I've been wanting to try BBL myself.. just haven't done it yet. So I can't offer you any feeback on that.. but I've done BeachBody's ChaLean Extreme a few times. It's a great program! I don't know if you've heard anything about it.. but the goal is lifting heavy weights - it's perfect for building muscle. The only drawback to the program is that you might have to invest a lot in weights if you don't already have a few ranges. (But you can also use resistance bands.) I'd definately look it up though!

Congrats on reaching your goal weight!
  • I have tried it...it's intense, gives you aches, but overall, it's not lift-ish...still a good workout to burn through though...
  • What kind of workout is it? I saw that it was dance-oriented on the Beachbody website. I'm not very coordinated whenever it comes to dancing, but was interested to see if it had different workouts that aren't dance oriented.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    I gotta second the post about ChaLean Extreme - awesome for building muscle and my absolute fave workout for strength training! You can use resistance bands, but personally, I prefer the free weights because you can use exactly the correct weight each time, and I don't feel that I get the same resistance each time with the bands. However, my ex-sister-in-law does Beachbody's Power 90 workout with resistance bands and loves it, so it works for her!

Good luck!
  • I'm afraid of any of the Power 90 or P90x workouts. I don't want to get ripped or anything, just toned. I've done Insanity before (but never finished) and liked it. I was about 15-20 pounds heavier then, though, so it might be easier now.
  • I might have to try the Chalean Extreme, if it isn't mostly dancing, though.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    ChaLean Extreme isn't dancey at all. It's concentrated on lifting. You go through 3 phases, each phase lasting a month each. You will left weights 3X's per week, each day you work a different set of muscles. Plus, the program comes with 2 days of cardio workouts per week. (I actually added a little more cardio when I did the series.)

Good luck with whatever you choose.. but I don't think you can go wrong with Chalean Extreme! :)
This discussion has been closed.