Stress

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
I've had a hard time eating the last few days, when I'm stressed I have a tendency to forget meals because I don't feel hungry, and if I make myself eat I feel nauseated..I haven't hit 500 calories in the last 2 days. how long does it take for your body to go into "starvation mode"? I don't want to sabotage myself, and I'm going to try to up my caloric intake, but is it better for me to choose foods that are high-cal and just eat when I'm hungry (once a day), or to force myself to eat lots of small meals? Should I stop working out until I relax a little bit?

*sigh*.

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    I've had a hard time eating the last few days, when I'm stressed I have a tendency to forget meals because I don't feel hungry, and if I make myself eat I feel nauseated..I haven't hit 500 calories in the last 2 days. how long does it take for your body to go into "starvation mode"? I don't want to sabotage myself, and I'm going to try to up my caloric intake, but is it better for me to choose foods that are high-cal and just eat when I'm hungry (once a day), or to force myself to eat lots of small meals? Should I stop working out until I relax a little bit?

*sigh*.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Much better to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Keeps your metabolism up throughout the day. That said, eating at any point in the day is better than not eating at all, so do what you can :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Goodness sakes, Girl. Yes, you have to eat more than 500 calories a day. When I really really don't feel like eating but have to I make an eggnog shake in the blender. Blend one egg in the blender, then add 1-2 cups of microwave heated milk (really hot, almost boiling) add it slowly to the beaten egg in the blender and blend until frothy. I add nutmeg to mine or you can add a little vanilla. It is soothing, and you can adjust your calories in it by using 2 percent down to skim milk. But sounds like you need some calories, so I would worry about using skim. Oh yes, I add a little Splenda or honey.
  • Manda86
    Options
    Goodness sakes, Girl. Yes, you have to eat more than 500 calories a day. When I really really don't feel like eating but have to I make an eggnog shake in the blender. Blend one egg in the blender, then add 1-2 cups of microwave heated milk (really hot, almost boiling) add it slowly to the beaten egg in the blender and blend until frothy. I add nutmeg to mine or you can add a little vanilla. It is soothing, and you can adjust your calories in it by using 2 percent down to skim milk. But sounds like you need some calories, so I would worry about using skim. Oh yes, I add a little Splenda or honey.

mmm... that sounds good.. thanks for the suggestion :smile:
  • beep
    Options
    Are you okay? We can go back to the chatroom...
  • Manda86
    Options
    I'm getting there, but I wouldn't mind chatting.. I'm home alone and feeling that way
  • beep
    Options
    Okey I'll meet you there.