I want the old me back!!!!

Options
I used to be so thin, I never realized how lucky I was! Then I went on Birth Control about 6 years ago, and my metabolism metaphorically just stopped. I gained 50 lbs over night and since then I've been yo-yo-ing with an extra 10 lbs. I never learned good eating habits at home, I was just plain lucky growing up. My mom was always big, my dad got big after us kids left home (depression), my sister has always been big, and then there is the exception, my super-duper-uber skinny brother who needs desperately to gain weight. My husbands family is mostly healthy and skinny, and supportive (thank goodness!). So I have 61 lbs to go.

I'll admit that it's just vanity back. I didn't know how good I had it when I did, and I never took advantage of having a hot body. When...WHEN I get it back, I want to dress in sexy little numbers, both for my husband's benefit as well as mine. I just want to look good!

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's good to have goals. You will enjoy buying new clothes as you lose weight.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! There's a new motivation/support group "30lbs by St Patrick's Day", feel free to come join us :) Might be the jump start you need!