Tangible Inches Lost In A Month?

Options
A healthy weight loss is supposedly about 1 lb. a week. Meaning about 4 or 5 lbs. a month eating properly and working out. What would be the equivalent in inches? I know it is dangerous to store so much fat in the midsection and I am looking to lower my hip measurement in the next couple of months.

I was hoping for a 4 inch loss in a month or two since I am getting married in October. I do not want to put it right back on though. I want to do it right. So is 4 inches too much to hope for? I came up with 4 inches because right now I am sitting at 43/44 in on a 5'2 frame. Was thinking getting down to the 30's would be healthier and give me more of an hour glass look rather than the pear shape.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP and did 30DS for the first time I lost 9 inches in one month...overall of course.

The next month 3lbs lighter I lost 4 inches doing 30DS all non modified

In 40 weeks of Weight lifting (sep 2013-Jun 2013) I lost 10 inches...but had a lot less to lose at that point too...

For my Hips specifically

In 60 days I lost 1 inch...it wasn't until I started doing weighted squats that I lost anything appreciable in my hips in 10 weeks I lost 1.5 inches, in total I have lost 3.5 inches...I started at 41 inches, 5 ft 7 and 178lbs...I am now at 37.5 inches and 151 lbs...
  • wallfodder
    wallfodder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    From what I have read (and still working on myself) is that you need to do strength workouts that focus on the whole body or larger muscle groups to loss fat faster.

So far I have been working on cardio myself first and starting to phase in body weight and strength exercises. In the last month ,since I restarted working out after a 2 yr break, have lost 8 pounds and 1.5 inches off the my stomach.

Luck