ive noticed on the biggest loser

Options
2»

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    While I can completely understand them pushing some of the big guys (300 +) at the beginning to lose massive amounts of weight a week I think it is completely insane for them to expect smaller girls toward the end (like Ada now in the 170's I believe) to still be losing 6-7 lbs a week! As you get smaller it gets harder and unhealthier to lose those huge numbers!

That's why they go by percentages to even the playing field.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The Doctor on the show said that the morbidly obesse contestantes will have to work out 3-4 hours a day for the rest of there life to maintain there weight loss. So I say cut them some slack on the slight weight gain. Who has time to exersise like that and have a job, family, life?

Why would they have to work more every day than any body else that was fat? With proper nutrition and 4-5 hrs a week, anybody can maintain the loss. Cutting them some slack is how we all got fat in the first place.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    The Doctor on the show said that the morbidly obesse contestantes will have to work out 3-4 hours a day for the rest of there life to maintain there weight loss. So I say cut them some slack on the slight weight gain. Who has time to exersise like that and have a job, family, life?

I lost over 200 lbs and I don't have to workout anything close to that.....

You eat fairly decent and you exercise 30-1hr a day and you should be fine.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    delete
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, a lot of those folks starve and dehydrate themselves prior to the weigh ins. I think the concept of the show is a good one, but because the money prize is only based on the scale numbers, there are some unhealthy practices that occur. The one I have been enjoying is Supersize vs. Superskinny. That one gets more into the emotional reasons for what's going on, and sets up reasonable goals. In addition, without a cash prize the focus is on health.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Why would they have to work more every day than any body else that was fat? With proper nutrition and 4-5 hrs a week, anybody can maintain the loss. Cutting them some slack is how we all got fat in the first place.

I agree that makes no sense what so ever. Maybe if they were eating the same way they were before they came to the ranch.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I dont see the show but OMG they only give them 1200 calories a day????

Remember they are eating exercise calories back too. You cant lose weight on a negative calories.
    Actually they don't. They're on a strict 1800 cals/1400 cals (guys/girls respectively) intake, hence the big losses every week. This was revealed by one of the disgruntled non-winners from a couple seasons ago..LOL.

But they recently had another "where are they now" episode, and you can tell, most of them have gained some weight back, including highly competitive & driven Tara...she was starting to look a little wide again when doing that triathlon. The 2 greek brothers also looked like they added 20-25 lbs since the final weigh in.

Ray you disappoint me you know that cant work. They have to eat some of those calories back. 6hours a day workout. They are easily burning over 3000 calories a day If not more. 1200 calories of food intake would not be enough to keep them walking let alone lose weight and build muscle and we know they are building muscle some of those guys at the end look JACKED!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

I'm not a Doctor just repeating what the Doc on the show said.