Presssssure, pushin down on... dinner?

Options
Diary_Queen
Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
Okay, cheesy intro, but I just bought a pressure cooker and there are a million recipes online. Who has a pressure cooker and what has turned out great; what has failed?

This will hopefully be a big time saver with my kids going back to school soon and some other personal issues that will have me away from home more often than last year.

THANKS!!!

Replies

• SlowlyLosingToWin
    Options
    bump, because I was looking at these online last night pondering my options.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Braised short ribs, lamb shanks, bolognese, stocks, risotto, other long cooking grains, carnitas
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really use mine for is to cook beans. They come out beautifully.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I brown pork ribs, put in pressure cooker with onion salt and pepper. Cook at 15 lbs pressure, 15 minutes take out and put in oven 45 minutes covered in favorite barbecue sauce @300 degrees.... Soooooooo tender. Potatoes take just a few minutes for mashed potatoes... I use mine several times a week. Absolutely love it..
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    First of all....dang it OP, now I have that song in my head! :laugh:

And, following. I need good recipes too. Getting tired of quinoa and chicken in the pressure cooker.