Tips for eating peanut butter?

Options
Owlibee
Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
After looking at my diet and calories I realise I need to up them significantly in order to gain the weight needed

A lot of people have recommended peanut butter, I cannot stand the stuff but I am desperate here!

Any tips/recipes that use peanut butter to make it more easy to eat?

I thought about mixing it with nutella (as I am addicted to that haha)

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend peanut butter actually, it is extremely high in fat and should be eaten in moderation. Instead try things like oatmeal sweet potatoes and rice.
  • Owlibee
    Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend peanut butter actually, it is extremely high in fat and should be eaten in moderation. Instead try things like oatmeal sweet potatoes and rice.

I need to gain fat ( I have a very low percentage) . Hence why I was recommend it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I need to gain fat ( I have a very low percentage) . Hence why I was recommend it.

If you don't like peanut butter, why not eat butter, cheese, olive oil to add in fat?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you don't like peanut butter there are lots of things high in calorie that you can eat instead. Nutella is one of them! Also chocolate peanut butter (like Peanut Butter & Co's dark or white chocolate mixes) or almond butter or cashew butter (really any kind of nut butter).

Personally, I like my peanut butter in smoothies, oatmeal, or on pancakes. But if you don't like the stuff then just swap it out for Nutella!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried almond or cashew butter? Those might appeal to you more. If you do not like the taste of pb, it is hard to recommend a way to eat it. Like bananas, the flavor will override other flavors in the recipe.
  • momofJARS
    momofJARS Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try adding coconut oil to the foods you saute. Also real butter, not margarine, is a good source of fat. Since you don't like peanutbutter, how about nuts? They would be good too.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Cashew butter!!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OP I read your other post so I know you need to avoid dairy.

I think I was born with a spoonful of peanut butter in my hand :laugh: so I can't really suggest much other than to try different kinds to see if you find one type you like? Natural brands, brands with other ingredients added, brands that mix chocolate or hazelnut in. Or, try almond butter... that may suit you better.

You could also just have nutella instead. Nothing wrong with that!
  • clairemadeleine
    clairemadeleine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could just eat some whole nuts! Cashews, pistachios and almonds are all good choices :)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    :huh: Fat is not a bad thing...

PB is recommended because it is calorie dense and easy to eat quite a bit of it. If you don't like it, find something you do. Nuts, chocolate, bacon, ice cream, Oreos... the possibilities are endless.

nutella-covered-bacon.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can just eat nuts, olive oil, cheeses etc. Or another kind of nut butter.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    put away the peanut butter... and go directly to Nutella ... and icecream
  • DisinteGr4tion
    DisinteGr4tion Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The key is keeping it off the knuckles! :wink:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Spoon fork fingers butter knife.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What about tofu? It has a lot of protein and it will taste whatever you put with it...
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I love to eat peanut butter on bananas in the morning.

Nutella and bananas is also very good.

Good luck.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Have you had your BF% measured? You mention in your profile looking like a skeleton, but you honestly look like you are at a healthy weight.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    OP I read your other post so I know you need to avoid dairy.

I think I was born with a spoonful of peanut butter in my hand :laugh: so I can't really suggest much other than to try different kinds to see if you find one type you like? Natural brands, brands with other ingredients added, brands that mix chocolate or hazelnut in. Or, try almond butter... that may suit you better.

You could also just have nutella instead. Nothing wrong with that!

Ah. Good insight. Thanks for sharing that here. No dairy might require more creativity :smile:

In addition to oils, how about fattier cuts of meat or fish? Salmon is a great source of fat, for example. You can also eat chicken thighs, regular pork loin (not tenderloin), steak, 80% ground beef....
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you're trying for fat heavy foods try grass fed red meat, avocados, or almonds if you're really hung up on nuts. Peanuts are not actual nuts but legumes, and they can cause bloating and mild allergic reactions even if you're not "allergic" allergic to them.