getting back to weightloss

Options
Finally getting back to losing weight again. I used to go to the gym constantly then got lazy and gained all my weight back.
I was down to 115lbs. I am back to 132 lbs. I'm trying to get back down to that weight.
I have to rejoin the gym and begin to eat better!
If you guys have any tips let me know!
And also good luck to everyone else on their weight loss journey!

Replies

• pattialling
    Options
    Hey girl!

I also just getting back into the swing of things. I'm partaking in my last weight loss journey ever, but I have to lose 100 pounds ( I lost 50 over three years ago and then gained it all back :( ) I'm going to school for applied exercise science and nutrition this fall and have a lot of knowledge and experience with eating healthy, working out and creating a new lifestyle! I've been on this wonderful new path for 15 days straight now and have lost 6 pounds so far (my profile says different because of the past weight losses I've had).

You totally got this! Just stay consistent and never stop and you will have it in the bag!

Feel free to add me, I'm super encouraging!

-Patti
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Join this great group. Read all the stickies and important posts

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

My tips:
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Exercise is for fitness. Focus on finding foods you enjoy that help you meet your goals. Don't cut anything out that you enjoy, learn to portion them into your day. Find an exercise you like and stick to it. I lost 40 lbs a few years ago after my first baby but I thought I had to eat next to nothing and like a rabbit. I over exercised and killed myself with cardio. When I hit my "goal weight" I quit. Then, ended up back where I started after my second baby.

I'm 5'3.5" and started at 170 lbs in June of last year. I lost 50 lbs in 9 months. What was different was I found the forums and listened to those who've been successful. Even things I didn't want to hear. I bought a food scale (best investment ever), ate at a moderate deficit of 1650 net, and fell in love with weightlifting. I took weight loss slow, because ultimately, I cared about body fat loss, not just scale loss.

Being healthy is getting your required nutrients, after you do that, you can use your calories as you please within your limits. I ate ice cream nearly every night during weight loss, still ate fast food here or there.

Ultimately, set yourself up for success for thinking about how to set yourself up for after weight loss, so you can maintain what you've worked so hard for.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me for support!