Did those words really just come out of my mouth?

Options
Yesterday at church, a friend was sharing her plans for her children's baptisms in a couple of weeks. The family is hosting an ice cream social following the baptisms. Before I knew what was happening I heard my voice say "If it's okay with you, I think I'll bring a big bowl of fruit. Then people who don't prefer ice cream can enjoy the fruit and others may want to use the fruit as an ice cream topping." So, my body has changed a little but my brain has changed a lot! Just 89 more lbs of bringing fruit to the ice cream social and I'll be set!

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Nice! Grats!

The mental part is the hardest part of weight loss LOL..
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    You did great! I have now started bringing things I can eat with me in most situations. I am too tempted by junk food.
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    While reading I was thinking you told her '**** Ice cream or something along the lines
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I think the way you worded it is also fantastic. Who can get offended at someone bringing a fruit topping? No one, that's who!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but you say "89 more lbs of bringing fruit," so what happens after the 89 lbs is gone?

If you learn to eat ice cream in moderation now it will prepare you for maintenance. Just a thought.