Who are the most & least supportive people of your goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    #1 Support is myself and with my wife loving me regardless.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and my mom are my biggest supporters. My boyfriend, especially. He motivates me to keep going and to just get up and do it even when I don't want to. ETA: And he still loves me even when I don't, so there's that :P

My dad is becoming better, but he is a feeder. He didn't have much as a child, and he never, ever wanted me to go hungry, so he fed me far too much. That always stopped me from losing weight before because he would cook enough food for an army and I couldn't say no to it.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Anyone who could get classified as unsupportive generally gets ignored, but I don't discuss my focus on health with anyone other than DH, so I'm not rude or anything, just steer the conversation away. I'm genuinely not interested in uneducated, unhelpful comments so I just blank them out.

My biggest supporter is me. I don't need external approval or motivation (although I won't deny it's nice that people sometimes notice). I've done this myself, for myself and by myself.

My husband has been a huge help by being neutral and not passing judgment. I have no idea if he thought I could actually achieve my goals, but since I have no doubt I shall, it's almost irrelevant. DH uses MFP to track sodium and potassium but other than sharing meals and expressing that we're proud of the other's progress every now and then, we just focus on achieving our own goals. We're both pretty determined people.