Seriously need motivation!!!!

Options
Hi all, :flowerforyou:

Well, iv been doing MFP for about 2 and a half months now.... Was doing good but then this week and last I have totally wrecked all my hard work!!! Chocolates, Crisps, Takeaways, Junk food in general!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

I know its simple to just not eat something, but I am seriously craving loads of bad things! And letting myself have them.... I binged on some chocolate yesterday and by the end of it, I had eaten loads!!!! (about 500 cals worth)

I know by looking through some people's profiles others have bad weeks too.... But i just need to get this off my chest and know that others feel the same?!

Even though I'm feeling so guilty, I still want to eat bad things!! Its as if its constantly on my mind at the moment!!!!

Even exercise has gone out of the window these past two weeks.... Apart from yesterday (after the chocolate binge) I did 1/2 hours worth of dancing.

I really don't feel like im 'ready' to get back on the wagon! But can't stay off it for too long!!!

Sorry for my big long rant.... Hope their is people out there who feel like I do!!!!

xXx

Replies

• saj9291113
    Options
    Nicola...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH someone who has felt my pain. My son has been sick the last couple of days, so I stayed home with him and of course in between the sleepness and cranky days I noticed my kitchen had lots of goodies. Halloween candy, where did all of it come from?!?!? I have been so good and then my last two days were eating out (gyro, burger king) and forgetting to mark it in. At last I did workout 2 of the 3 days.

But to avail, I stand by my mantra, it's a marathon not a sprint. I will shake off the dust, grab that stallion by its ear, whisper "you're mine *****!" and get back in the saddle, none the wiser. Maybe a little extra time to get where I want to go, but when I get there I will stand up and yell "AAAAAAAA DRIAN!"
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Haha I know exactly how you feel - Its so hard to keep motivated!!
    you just need to find something that motivates you, you dont want to keep going back to the same position.
    - Maybe try treating yourself a couple of times a week (something little), keep yourself busy!
    - Get a trainer! I have a trainer that I see at the gym so I know if I go back i'll disapoint her and embarrass myself!
    - Get a gym buddy or something :-)
    - start writing down what you eat and get someone to look at it!
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One thing that really help me with my cravings is that I get one treat a day. A treat is something that does me no good but I want it anyway (probably each thing you binged on counts). On top of that, I cannot have a repeated treat more than once a week which gives me variety and doesn't allow me to get obsessive. You cannot save it up (no rollover treats!) and if you happen to not need a treat one day, good for you. It's also helpful to have someone to talk to about what you eat. My BF would ask me what treat I got today and it cheers me up to talk about my treat rather than feel bad I ate.
  • flossicle
    Options
    I crave stuff during the week and then @ weekends if i'm still craving them i let myself have it, but in moderation, my biggest thing is Mac Donalds breakfast and i looooooovvvveee their lattes, so every saturday i have this as a treat for all my hard work in the week, it gives me something to look forward to during the week and keeps me focused on my path! Never deny yourself anything but if you have something bad have it in moderation and try and work it off after!
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! :)

I'm glad im not the only one!!!!

Just gotta keep going!! x
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same and am having a week like that too. I'm falling back into old habits and eating junk and late at night. I'm so trying to be good and slip a lot...all the time. Every morning, I wake up with positive attitude and by lunch it's gone. I think it could be pre Christmas stress.

I don't know what to suggest as I haven't found out myself, but am hoping I'll snap out of it soon. Good luck and stay strong....stronger then me, lol
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I recommit myself at the beginning of every month because without fail, towards the end of evey month, my sweet tooth starts making special requests very loudly. Mndset is key, every challenge is an opportunity for success as ia every failure.
  • saj9291113
    Options
    I recommit myself at the beginning of every month because without fail, towards the end of evey month, my sweet tooth starts making special requests very loudly. Mndset is key, every challenge is an opportunity for success as ia every failure.

every challenge is an opportunity for success as is every failure.... great line.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

every challenge is an opportunity for success as is every failure.... great line.

Thanks for correcting the typo! I'm incredibly sleepy and have 3 more hours to go at work.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwwwww !! Thats alright... Dont be demotivated.. We all have bad days or weeks !!! Its absolutely normal....

Here are couple of swaps and tips that might help...

1) Drink loads n loads of water.... Add lemon juice and lemon zest to water... It helps in reducing cravings....

2) Try having a protein bar(thats low in carbs and low in sugar) when you have a craving for chocs... It helps big time... Also, protein will make you feel full for longer and u wont have craving to eat more.

3) Try having some fruits that are rich in natural sugar (Pineapples, Melons, etc) ...Will help too....

4) Try and avoid stocking junk food at home... If its not in ur sight... u r unlikely to crave for them... and even if you do... U will end up eating a substitute rather than going out and getting stuff...

5) Never shop for grocery empty stomach.... You must have read this in many magazines or articles.. but in reality it works !! If you shop for grocery empty stomach u r likely to pick up more junk food....

Hope this helps !!! Put a smile back on your face and get going... You will be fine :)

All the best :flowerforyou:

Luv n Hugs,
    S.K.B
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I had a seriously bad weekend!!!! Paying for it now though, feeling ill after eating so much junk!!!

Back on the wagon today!!!! Feeling determined!!!!

Fingers crossed!!! lol

x