16 days and counting

Options
Greetings All! I have been a member of MFP for 16 days now and thought it's about time I introduce myself. I was ordered by my doctor to get off my *kitten* and start moving. I'm overweight and have high cholesterol. She's not one of those doctors dedicated to the big pharma so she wants me to get my cholesterol down naturally. I gained 40+ pounds from quitting smoking and dealing with the stress of being strong while someone I loved dearly was going through a serious illness. I used to be a dancer and had an awesome physique without worrying about fat grams and good food/bad food. But today I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm trying very hard to not focus so much on the numbers right now, and instead working on rebuilding myself and living a healthier lifestyle.

I love to encourage others and be encouraged as well so, if anyone who is serious about their health would like to join me in my journey I'm open to making friends. I'm also looking for people who can offer advice on how to balance out the nutritional stuff. Shopping for food and trying to find just the right mix has become my biggest nightmare.

Be Well and Cherish Life!

~Karen

Replies