Let's Be Honest... I'm Fat. ;)

Options
So, I've decided (for the billionth time) to start working out again! I've tried numerous times, but after I got diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism I just decided those were good excuses to stay the way that I am; after all, now I have something to blame other than myself.

However, there are some things that are different this time around:
1) I have tangible inspiration
2) I'm not in it just to "look good", I want to feel good!
3) I want to be as healthy as I can so that we can have children

1) My husband is my real inspiration this time! He's been working out diligently for months now to get in shape to apply as a firefighter. He's seeing some wonderful results! Not just aesthetically (although that part is nice, I'll admit ;) ), but strength and endurance wise! He's getting so healthy, and I'm getting left behind.

2) I'm too old now to be concerned with JUST looking good. I mean yes, looking great is the best side effect of loosing weight, but I just want to be healthier. I've always loved to eat healthy food (thanks Mama!), but I also have a severe weakness for sweet stuff. I want to make permanent life style changes so that I can teach our future children how to eat well in our society!

3) I'm currently a nanny for two 20 month old twins, and they are starting to leave me in the dust! I want to be able to have fun without getting out of breath. And my weight is affecting my fertility; my OB/GYN said that by loosing weight most of my issues will be fixed.

Hoping that My Fitness Pal will help me accomplish my goals!

Replies

• chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    25 is too old to look good? Wow, news to me. Maybe 55, where I am close to. Actually, I do want to look good, or at least better. In clothes, swimming, etc. but more importantly, to feel better, which is slowly happening to me. Add me as a friend if you like, I love to post, debate, motivate, and am very serious about this life and what I am doing here.
  • restors
    restors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh Jeez at 42 I'm goosed then if 25 is too old!!

Whatever your inspiration if the result is being fit and healthy then go for it!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community! And good for you for continuing to try to be more active despite life's challenges. There are lots of other members on here who have PCOS and have been able to succeed in making the changes they wanted. I imagine before this thread has wound down you will have some of them offering support and friendship. :flowerforyou:

Best of luck with all of your goals! You can do this!!!

PS - It looks like you accidentally posted this topic twice, I removed one for you.