NSV - Bench Press 100% of My Weight

Options
Today, I was doing bench press and I did 10 reps of 150 lbs. Based on an online max calculator, that puts my max at around 199 pounds. I'm at 6-0 200 pounds so I can now bench press my weight. I have never been able to bench press my weight in my life so I consider this a major success.

For my 40th birthday last week, I decided to do a 1.5 mile run, push-up, and sit up test which are common for law enforcement fitness requirements. I don't work in law enforcement but I thought it would be a good measurement to see where I am at in terms of my fitness level.

Push-ups: 40
Sit ups/curl ups in 1 minute: 47
1.5 mile run: 11:25

What are your stats for push-ups, sit-ups in 1 minute and 1.5 mile run and your age/sex?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    What online calculator do you use for your one rep max? I would be curious what mine is supposed to be. I machine bench a first set of 8 @ 66 kg and the subsequent two sets of 8 @ 61 kg. In my twenties I weighed 58 kg, but I am considerably heavier nowadays.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Where are my manners? Congrats on your NSV!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Run a google search for: bench press calculator

Here is the one I use. It is pretty dead on. A bar works better than machine for a more accurate indication.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bench-press-calculator.html
  • acpgee
    Options
    I used to do a lot of freeweights but got a neurological disease in 2011 that affects my balance. Its no longer safe for me to carry plates or dumbells from the rack to the bench, I'm afraid.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Today, I was doing bench press and I did 10 reps of 150 lbs. Based on an online max calculator, that puts my max at around 199 pounds. I'm at 6-0 200 pounds so I can now bench press my weight. I have never been able to bench press my weight in my life so I consider this a major success.

For my 40th birthday last week, I decided to do a 1.5 mile run, push-up, and sit up test which are common for law enforcement fitness requirements. I don't work in law enforcement but I thought it would be a good measurement to see where I am at in terms of my fitness level.

Push-ups: 40
    Sit ups/curl ups in 1 minute: 47
    1.5 mile run: 11:25

What are your stats for push-ups, sit-ups in 1 minute and 1.5 mile run and your age/sex?

5'-8"/32 years old and gone from 235lb to 182lb in the last 8-9 months. Back in June I did a 10k pushups for the month challenge. At my best I did 200 at one time, but they were just breaking 90 deg with my elbows and not all the way down to the ground. I can do a 1.5 mile run in about 9:30.

I just started weight lifting for the first time in my life 9 weeks ago and I'm currently at around a 200 lb one rep max on bench as well.

Good job and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!