Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Through our personal trainer :)
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Very Jerry Springer here. I met my wife through my ex girlfriends ex wife. We have been together 9 yrs.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    On deployment to Bosnia...
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Been together 14 years, met on an AOL chat room,, lol
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    He sent me a friend request on Myspace when it was popular back when we were in 9th grade. All through high school we saw other people. Then senior year, we bumped at the cross light and exchanged numbers. Will be together for 5 years this September :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    At a mutual friends house. The person who would become my partner and my ex b/f got into a massive argument, lots of shouting and threats of beating the hell out of each other. I took my now-partner out for coffee as a kind of "cool down", we started talking. Kept in touch via the internet, and got married 3 years later. Life has never been the same since. Not sure yet if for better or for worse :wink:
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    High School... Yep HS sweethearts. Well he was in college. I was a senior. We dated for several years. Broke up. He was actually engaged to someone else. I as well dated a few other people. But we got back together after a 2 year break.. .. was engaged for one year.. and married now for 18 years.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Facebook and then art shows.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fetlife.com

Something we don't really tell people, but my family knows.....

Wait, you too!?!?! I just say the internet.... :P
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I met my ex in a college photography class. It was the one class that didn't count toward my degrees and I took it in preparation for studying abroad.

I sent him my number after I got to London and he called me almost every day to hear about my adventures. Racked up thousands of dollars in phone bills. Not having to deal with family/friend expectations of a SO we were able to really get to know one another. A month into my travels he sent me flowers and told me he loved me.

We were together 10 years.
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm newly single myself, and struggling with the same thing.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Ex husband and I met on Myspace back when dinos roamed the earth and that **** was the place to be. We were together 6, married just over 3.

Im happy to be getting a divorce .. as ****ty as that might sound.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    first husband: in 1999 in yahoo chat....i was 15 and it was the first time i had used the internet like that! he is english and i'm american. we dated for a few years before i moved there in 2002 and got married! we split up 2005 and i moved back to america in 2006.

2nd husband: i came across his picture on myspace after i moved back home and was looking for friends. i had always wanted a nice southern cowboy and here was this guy right in my town (upstate NY) wearing a cowboy hat! So I contacted him. We met up for a coffee at midnight and hit it off right away!
    Our friendship turned into lust (in a few short weeks) and that lust turned us into a family! After 2 kids together we finally got married and had a 3rd!
    It turns out, we knew each other as kids (but neither of us remember). I was best friends with his cousin and they were always around each other. our grandma’s used to take us to the same public pool when we were kids. And when we were teenagers, we worked at the same place at the same time and HAD to have interacted with each other. also, he used to work where I would go out with friends drinking. Also, our parents went to HS together. Both our families know each other!

eta: we've been together for 8 yrs this oct and married for 3 this sept!

It’s a small strange world!!! :heart:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I met her in the MFP forums. 3 years ago. Been together almost two years.
  • MusclenMascara
    MusclenMascara Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know. Still waiting..! ????
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow, a lot of people met in MFP? didn't know it was that common
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Met my beautiful wife in the Navy. We were both aircraft maintenance techs stationed in San Diego. We fell in love, got married and have been happily stationed together for the last 26 years. Hope everyone who's looking finds their special someone too.

I love this story! Usually you hear that one of the two is no longer in the service. Thanks for serving - and many more years of happiness to you both!
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    He attempted to talk to me on Myspace, I resisted. After some time, we ended up talking for about a half a year online, went on first date and have been living together since 2006. Married in 2008 and now have 3 kids.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Craigslist. No, really.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Plenty of Fish. I was about to abandon the site and he sent me a message that made me laugh, and six years later I'm still full of big smiles!