Nutrition Goals

Can someone recommend a good % on daily nutrition goals for protein, carbs and fats?? I have no idea where I should be each day. I'm having gastric sleeve surgery and must have 60-80g of protein each day. Other than that its just a low carb. low/no sugar

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Why didn't the person who recommended your protein amount do the same for your other macros? Are you working with a dietitian to help prepare you for the surgery?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I lift heavy and I have mine set at 30 percent fat, 40 percent carbs, and 30 percent protein, of my total calories each day.I don't always meet them, but I have added a protein drink to my morning snack help meet my protein macros.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    I think I might use those numbers. Is that weird?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Why didn't your doctor or surgeon give you a calorie goal?

ETA they should've told you how much fat you were allowed to have, I would think. I'm not an expert on gastric sleeve surgery, but that would take the guesswork out for you.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Can someone recommend a good % on daily nutrition goals for protein, carbs and fats?? I have no idea where I should be each day. I'm having gastric sleeve surgery and must have 60-80g of protein each day. Other than that its just a low carb. low/no sugar
    I missed the part about the gastric sleeve surgery. This is really something you need to speak with your surgeon about.

By the way, 60-80 percent protein is quite a bit, and it will be impossible to have no sugar at all, unless you are not allowed to eat fruits and vegetables either.