Would Water Pills Help Me Lose Fat Cells Faster?

Options
2»

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Lol. Please tell me how you think that this will help you lose fat cells.

Um I did twice? If only there was a forum where I could ask questions about topics that I'm unfamiliar with to people who may or may not know more about information in that subject area. Oh wait! There is and I'm on it right now! So your mockery comment is highly unnecessary thanks. And PS: Nice profile picture... Now if there is anyone else who finds this humorous because I'm not a dietitian, nutritionist, nurse, fitness trainer, et cetera leave. To rest thanks for the encouragement and information.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
  • PeachyPeanut89
    Options
    Sorry I guess have short fuse :laugh:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I think what you've probably heard is that when people -first- start working out and eating differently first they will quickly lose weight that can't possibly be fat, it's "water weight". Which is true. However, that doesn't reset every time you work out. It just means that when people start to lose weight usually they'll lose a few pounds quickly, then it'll slow down to about 1 pound every time you reach 3500 calories deficit.

Stay hydrated for your workout, and make sure you fuel yourself properly. Your workouts will be much easier, much smoother, and you will be less prone to hurting yourself, especially with a heart condition.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    water /= fat
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Um I did twice? If only there was a forum where I could ask questions about topics that I'm unfamiliar with to people who may or may not know more about information in that subject area. Oh wait! There is and I'm on it right now! So your mockery comment is highly unnecessary thanks. And PS: Nice profile picture... Now if there is anyone else who finds this humorous because I'm not a dietitian, nutritionist, nurse, fitness trainer, et cetera leave. To rest thanks for the encouragement and information.

It was perfectly necessary. My "mockery" is meant to make you realize that it was ridiculous and hopefully cause you to step back and evaluate why you thought that taking water pills would do anything at all for fat loss.

Or, failing that, to see you try to give me a metabolic explanation as to why they would.

But since neither is happening (booooo), I'll explain a bit. Fat cells can only be "lost" through surgery. Through normal, non-liposuction, weight loss, fat cells (adipose tissue) merely deflate as the lipids (fat) they contain are used. Think of it as balloons of fat, and once you use the fat, the balloons remain. Now the amusing part for me was that fat and water do not mix. Think oil and water. And water is not a fuel.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh and thank you for complimenting my butt, I have worked very hard on it.
  • christullos
    Options
    I have congestive heart failure and my doctor prescribes me water pills. Talk to your cardiologist and get his opinion and if he says you need them then he will prescribe them.
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can't lose fat cells, unfortunately, unless you go under the knife,
  • christullos
    Options
    I have congestive heart failure and my doctor prescribes me water pills. Talk to your cardiologist and get his opinion and if he says you need them then he will prescribe them.
    Your cardiologist prescribed them due to your CHF. It's not intended to be used as a fat loss tool, because it isn't. It's purpose is a life saving tool.

Absolutely correct
  • PeachyPeanut89
    Options

It was perfectly necessary. My "mockery" is meant to make you realize that it was ridiculous and hopefully cause you to step back and evaluate why you thought that taking water pills would do anything at all for fat loss.

Or, failing that, to see you try to give me a metabolic explanation as to why they would.

But since neither is happening (booooo), I'll explain a bit. Fat cells can only be "lost" through surgery. Through normal, non-liposuction, weight loss, fat cells (adipose tissue) merely deflate as the lipids (fat) they contain are used. Think of it as balloons of fat, and once you use the fat, the balloons remain. Now the amusing part for me was that fat and water do not mix. Think oil and water. And water is not a fuel.

I was simply asking a question via what I had been told in the past. The basic point of my question was to get information (which I appreciate), not to be talked down to but what ever makes you feel better.
  • PeachyPeanut89
    Options
    Your cardiologist prescribed them due to your CHF. It's not intended to be used as a fat loss tool, because it isn't. It's purpose is a life saving tool.

Absolutely correct

I don't think I'd need the prescription and I'd much rather avoid this medication now that I have more information on it! My life is in no way threatened by this I was just being curious. Thank you :smile:
  • PeachyPeanut89
    Options
    I think what you've probably heard is that when people -first- start working out and eating differently first they will quickly lose weight that can't possibly be fat, it's "water weight". Which is true. However, that doesn't reset every time you work out. It just means that when people start to lose weight usually they'll lose a few pounds quickly, then it'll slow down to about 1 pound every time you reach 3500 calories deficit.

Stay hydrated for your workout, and make sure you fuel yourself properly. Your workouts will be much easier, much smoother, and you will be less prone to hurting yourself, especially with a heart condition.

That's exactly what I heard thank you for clearing it up for me!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Never mind.:smile:
  • PeachyPeanut89
    Options
    :smile: