Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rewarding reaching my goal weight with a big cheat meal?

2»

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I'm planning the same, a "celebratory" feast of sorts. I began this weight loss in April, and vowed (and succeeded) to lose at least 15 pounds by the end of summer break. Labor Day will be a good day to celebrate my physical labors to get where I am now.

So what? I'm celebrating with food. But I don't particularly care to follow "The Rules" (that no one except the internet, I believe, invented). I've lost my weight safely and moderately, denying myself no tasty foods. All 'bout the moderate portions. So the "cheat" will just be a one-off meal of something I can't afford more than a couple times a year, a very special treat.

There will be wings and fries and onion rings and all the Bleu Cheese Dressing I want. It will be one feast, I will savor every bite (and log as "close" as I can, lol), and enjoy my delicious fuel for my body. Then, move straight away to recomp, super-duper slow weight loss for the last 5 pounds. YAY!!!

OP--There's nothing wrong with celebrating with food. Celebratory feasts have existed since the dawn of civilization. Carry on, revel and mark your accomplishment as you see fit!:drinker: