new to this site.. attempting to make friends/supporters?

Options
Hey guys! I'm Jack-lyn... I'm from PA. I'm 23 years old. I work for Children and Youth, therefore I'm sitting a lot of time, considering the amount of paperwork we are required to do. I've been heavy the majority of my life, since I was 5 years old.. Each year I progressively get bigger. I just feel like it's time to break that cycle. Instead of gaining in the New Year, I'd like to lose! I just wanted to put myself on here for 1. the shock factor of really seeing what I consume in a day and 2. to get some support and a constant reminder.

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there, good choice picking this site it is terrific!

feel free to add me but beware I swear and cuss, I dont thank god for my success either, so if this could offend avoid me lol! good luck on your weight loss journey all the same! Debbie
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I think you will find this site to be amazing! I have made alot of friends and the daily encouragement really helps get me thru the day, plus it helps me stay accountable...Add me as a friend if you'd like and we can support each other on our weight loss journey :)
  • Depplover28
    Options
    Hi, Jack-lyn! I just started using this site a few months ago, and I absolutely love it. If you need a friend or some motivation (because I know I do), then add me as a friend :]
  • xaviernelson
    xaviernelson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I just joined a couple of month's ago and am becoming more active in the site because there's not just a ton of support but also great 'accountability partners' here too.

Feel free to add me and all the best on your journey.

Xavier
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    HEllo and welcome I am from PA as well. Feel free to add me. This is a great site and there is lotsof support! Good luck on your journey!
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for help, advice, and best of all the much-needed swift kick in the butt when we all inevitably falter off the wagon! We're all in this together, and there's no better way to tackle the tough journey ahead then with friends who are all walking down the same (or at least very similar) road! Feel free to add me if you'd like another buddy!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

welcome to MFP, it truly is a wonderful site. Great people and lots of support. Add me as a friend if you wish. Have a great weekend.

Carrie
  • scaryh
    Options
    Hi,
    im new too, been using this for about 10 days and only discovered the forum today! I know that having others keep me accountable will help me :o)

Good luck x
  • kaymiller2
    Options
    Congratulations on your new venture!! I have'nt lost much yet, but I am still determined to go on... I am 29, and a mom of 3. WE can do this!!! :smile:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site =)
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The support on this site is amazing! We are all in this together.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and good luck. I've been on here a few weeks now and it is really great.
    Feel free to add me :)
    Sabey
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! There's a new motivation/support group "30lbs by St Patrick's Day", feel free to come join us :) Might be the jump start you need!