What's on your "No" list?

Options

Replies

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Nothing on my NO list, but when I first got started I limited sugar some. Ones I got used to my new way of eating I could re-introduce some of that. I do have problem foods I may not eat often, but nothing is banned.

I'm not eating much pasta at the moment. The amount of calories for a decent serving are just to high so I substitute with something that will actually fill me up.

I love pizza so I'll save up calories for that.
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Anchovies.

I'd eat anything for love

But I wouldn't eat THAT

^ This and red beets.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. You'll have to pry my bagels, cupcakes, beer, gelato, coffee, wine, and chocolate from my cold, lifeless hands.
  • swimnurseteacher7
    swimnurseteacher7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers, soda, cookies - I overeat these items.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet.

False.

I've given up nothing to lose weight.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid anything that has trans fats in it. Other than that, I eat what I enjoy as long as it fits in that day's macros and calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Soda and juice and things I hate like olives, celery and artichokes. I almost never have fried foods anymore either. Otherwise I just try to limit the things I still tend to binge on, but I don't believe in cutting anything out.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
    Brussel sprouts
    Liver

^ Because they are all nasty
  • ADRsmama
    ADRsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NO sweets, sodas, pork products, alcohol. And I drastically cut my bread consumption down.. which was the hardest.
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have any "NO" foods. My strategy is everything in moderation and it has worked for me so far but may not work for everyone. There are things that I limit or only have a rare occasion. I find that if I tell myself I can't have something I want it even more. If I have a craving for something like an Oreo I will plan ahead and make it fit in my day but only have it one time that week.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
    Brussel sprouts
    Liver

Well, if that's the criteria, I have a much longer list. But I didn't cut anything out because I never ate those things! ;-)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
    Brussel sprouts
    Liver

Well, if that's the criteria, I have a much longer list. But I didn't cut anything out because I never ate those things! ;-)

Same here. I eat whatever I like, just make it fit into my day.
  • joyfylgrl
    Options
    I actually switched to an endometriosis diet. It sucks, but I feel so much better (and pain free) on it....I actually might not have to get my uterus out ;) Ok, the easiest way to explain it is gluten free/processed sugar free vegan BUT you can have fish ;) NOW, I have not completely said I can't have any thing that's not "allowed", but I have quickly learned that I don't feel well eating that stuff, so I have to do a cost/benefit analysis. Is this meal worth not feeling good tomorrow? Is it worth pain, bloating etc.
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Gin and Tonic. After four I get a headache and have to go home. Beer and whisky I can enjoy all night.
  • donnabullen
    donnabullen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to ban everything I'm allergic to so trying to keep away from dairy, wheat and food colourings.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    This thread is depressing.

Eating is one of life's great pleasures.
  • Yseut
    Yseut Posts: 3
    Options
    I have just started my diet so my list is in the making. Although my ultimate goal is everything in moderation, here are the lists of foods that I avoid now, and hope to avoid in the next year so that I can reach my weight loss goal:

Foods that trigger binge eating

1.Dunkin Donuts – plain old glazed, chocolate glazed, and coffee roll.
    2.White potatoes - Baked potato with butter and sour cream; French fries.
    3.Garlic bread.
    4.Cheese cake – all flavors, all kinds.
    5.Ice cream – all flavors, all kinds.
    6.Pasta – all flavors, all kinds.

Foods that I can’t seem to give up (although I want to)

1.Bacon – the only way I think I will give this up is to become Kosher.
    2.Cheese – without this I would not eat as much Broccoli as I do now.:laugh:
    3.Coffee – I need this in the morning, else there is no way I am getting out of bed.

I find that when I have my head on straight (a term from an MFPer) I can eat many of these foods without going overboard. During the bad times though, I know that I should stay away from them. So, sometimes if I have a craving, I will wait before I indulge. We all know how uuugly it gets during those very, very bad times. Man!:drinker:
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms cause they make me vomit
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    No Arbitrary Food Rules.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a no list, but there are certain foods that I will definitely modify. This is a lifestyle change and I know it is unrealistic for me to not eat pizza, bread, pasta, or certain fast foods ever again; so I modify the things I love to eat. Most people pretty much eat the same things over and over again...so I eat the things "I" like but modify it and make it healthier...I found a way to make/eat pizza for under 500 calories using cheese; I love sandwiches and I just found a low calorie/carb hoagie bread at whole foods, I love pasta, but I do modify that because I can go crazy, but I allow myself to eat pasta maybe once a wk, but as an alternative to pasta I make cauliflower mac in cheese using the cauliflower as the pasta and I make lasagna rolls so I can control the portion. As far as fast food my crutch was the fast food sandwich places, but when I seen the nutritional content I was blown away: one sandwich was 1000 calories and over 2500 mgs of sodium...so I came up with a healthier way to still eat the sandwiches I love by re-creating them and they taste just like jimmy johns, subway, and quiznos, less calories, sodium, and fat. I do allow myself to have dinner or go to a fast food place when on vacation or hanging w/ friends, but even then I portion control and modify.:smile: