What the $#%^ Please some advice!

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
Okay...so i was having an issue with eating really well for a week, then binging like CRAZY for an entire day, to the point of sickness, then getting mad at myself and getting back on the wagon.......i was sick of this cycle and decieded i was doing it because of sugar and artificial sweeteners, so May 4 i quit drinking diet sodas, no 100 cal. packs, fat free ice cream NONE of that good sweet stuff! I have not had the urge to binge on sweets so that has totally worked great, but i decieded to get on the scale today and holy hell UP 5lbs!!!!!!!!!! I totally believe the gain to i swear i can see my stomach getting larger!!!!! I have no idea what i am doing wrong!!!! I figured the reason i have been stuck was the binges and the "treats" i allowed myself, so cutting all that cold turkey and eating only fresh, natural foods should have been my answer....ya not so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Okay...so i was having an issue with eating really well for a week, then binging like CRAZY for an entire day, to the point of sickness, then getting mad at myself and getting back on the wagon.......i was sick of this cycle and decieded i was doing it because of sugar and artificial sweeteners, so May 4 i quit drinking diet sodas, no 100 cal. packs, fat free ice cream NONE of that good sweet stuff! I have not had the urge to binge on sweets so that has totally worked great, but i decieded to get on the scale today and holy hell UP 5lbs!!!!!!!!!! I totally believe the gain to i swear i can see my stomach getting larger!!!!! I have no idea what i am doing wrong!!!! I figured the reason i have been stuck was the binges and the "treats" i allowed myself, so cutting all that cold turkey and eating only fresh, natural foods should have been my answer....ya not so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm going to look at your profile.
  • sarahsfat
    sarahsfat Posts: 1
    Options
    well sometimes your body, after being so used to consuming sweets, will kind of freak out and you may end up gaining weight, getting huge headaches (i cant stand them!!!:explode: ) and other side effects. but, eventually you will start to see you make some weight loss progress:happy:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Ok. You need to read the post on Expectations. It's really good. It should be under motivation. I'll find it.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    have you been tracking your food? Sometimes when we cut something out cold turkey we make up somewhere else. It also might be your time of the month or you have been retaining a lot of water ( read the thread about the apple cider vinegar). If I was in your shoes I would start tracking and measuring everything, eating all my calories and excersizing.... I wish you luck:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try not to take anything that happens in a one week period of time too seriously. I've found that one week I'll be stuck, and then the in a week or two I begin to lose again. It's that whole thing about being too close to it to see it. It's a very slow and steady process to lose weight. Also, you might try to be careful to do all the little things. Log in every bite, eat your exercise calories, change up your exercise to kickstart your weight loss again, drink water, all that good stuff. Good luck!