Losing Weight And Baggy Clothes

Options
I am about half way into my weight loss journey, and my clothing is becoming very baggy and unflattering. My pants are saggy, especially on my butt :(, and my shirts are baggy and give me no shape.

If my clothes are already huge on me in this point in the game, what am I to do after another additional 10 pounds? I am a student and cannot afford to fork over cash on a continuous basis-at the same time I cannot go walking around dressing in frumpy baggy clothing?

What am I to do? Any tips or suggestions? Has anyone been in a previous boat?!

Thank you!

Replies

• oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can try a thrift shop or goodwill store to get something cheap to wear till you hit your goal?

Edited to add: I keep going to walmart as I lose weight. The shirts are around $12 and I can get a cute fitted top for $5. When I hit my goal I will hit the mall and go real shopping. :)
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Skirts have become my new best friend. You'll get more time before you have to "retire" them. Thrifting is also a great way to grab some cute finds without breaking the bank.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever attempted to sew their clothes smaller? Or, although it would be expensive, paid a seamstress to take in some of their favorite pieces?

I feel amazing about my weight loss, but is it bad that I am missing some of my beautiful clothes...and bras, and lingerie....:(
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Go to a thrift store buy, donate, buy until you get to your goal and then splurge. :D
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am about half way into my weight loss journey, and my clothing is becoming very baggy and unflattering. My pants are saggy, especially on my butt :(, and my shirts are baggy and give me no shape.

If my clothes are already huge on me in this point in the game, what am I to do after another additional 10 pounds? I am a student and cannot afford to fork over cash on a continuous basis-at the same time I cannot go walking around dressing in frumpy baggy clothing?

What am I to do? Any tips or suggestions? Has anyone been in a previous boat?!

Thank you!

THis is why I love goodwill. I have went from being in a tight, very tight size 16 to a size 6/7. I have made sure I got new clothes as they got baggy on me. It is a real motivator for me to go get a whole cart of clothes and try on the smaller sizes and brands and find a few pairs of jeans and tops that look amazing on me. I have had many super happy jumping up and down, tears in my eyes moments when I could fit in a smaller size. The great thing is its like renting the clothes so to speak cuz when they get too big, I just redonate them back. I think looking your absolute best at all times is one of the things that helps with celebrating your milestones and feeling good about yourself. Goodwill actually has a punch card that every ten donations you get ten dollars free so there is always that too. Great job on the loss, keep it up.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever attempted to sew their clothes smaller? Or, although it would be expensive, paid a seamstress to take in some of their favorite pieces?

I feel amazing about my weight loss, but is it bad that I am missing some of my beautiful clothes...and bras, and lingerie....:(

Buy some new pants tomorrow!!!

I take my clothes to a seamstress. She and her partners do a good job.
    (They can usually only go down a size / size and a half before the outfit changes too much. Ask them what types of clothes can be taken in.)
    Buy beautiful belts. Slide ring belts will work with you as you continue to get smaller,

Weh you shop, stick to basics -- for example, dark basics for bottoms and mix and match colors (try wild colors) for tops.
  • 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am totally on the thrift store band wagon. Congrats on you weight loss!
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever attempted to sew their clothes smaller?

I had a couple of pairs of work pants that were baggy in the seat and crotch. They were elastic waist, so the waist wasn't too bad. I cut about an inch to an inch and a half of either side of the inner leg seam following the pant's contour and restiched the seam. took less than 30 minutes per pair. Not a perfect fit, but at least I didn't look like I have a load in my pants any more and they should get me a few more pounds before I have to buy new.