College kids and FINALS week!

Options
Hey... I'm a senior at Purdue University and finals week is about to start. I'm starting to get a little stressed out, I can tell because I start to not care as much about what I'm eating and it's getting hard to find time for the gym... Two habits I do not want to bring home with me over winter break. Any other college people on here who are about to take their finals too? I'm thinking it would be awesome to have a mini support group for the next week or 2 until WINTER BREAK :)

Sara

Replies

• Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't really belong in this group, but wanted to offer some advice! (I just graduated this past May).

I found that when I was to that "wall" where I felt like I wasn't retaining anything/wasn't able to think of anything for my paper, taking even a 15 minute break and doing an exercise DVD or going on a jog actually HELPED and didn't "waste time" that I could've spent on my work (like I thought it might do). It gets your oxygen flowing, your endorphins up, and actually helps you think clearer!

A quick read that'll get your spirits up, from Dec 8, 2010, about how the effect of exercise on your brain! :)

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52161

Good luck with those finals!! Use exercise to keep relaxed and calm!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of us! I'm a law student, and unfortunately (?) our exam period is 3 weeks long AND the only chance we have for a grade in the whole semester. That means I'm on my couch, surrounded by books and supplements, and pouring everything into studying for about 6 weeks.

I'd *love* a group for during exams and winter break!!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    Yes! just this morning I am realizing I'm having this problem. Aaaah! I think I might try and get to the gym with friends so that way there is even more of an incentive and an energy boost. I also like cooking something healthy to be a nice little break from studying and then when you are done eating your (yummy) meal you're ready to go back to studying. In theory.... Sometimes the cooking break turns into a movie break turns into a nap break. haha :) Good luck everybody! Just think how great it will feel if you kill those finals AND feel super healthy at the end of it!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. My first final is on Monday.

Switch the extra, bad food with coffee :)
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I'm already getting extremely stressed :( It'd be nice to have a little support group to get us through the next couple weeks! One thing I constantly have to remind myself is that these finals are NOT the end of the world. Life will go on...and I most likely will not be even thinking about these exams in just a few weeks. Good luck everyone :)